LFR needs to be changed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. LFR needs to be changed

User Info: Aposter26

Aposter26
5 years ago#11
TasogareHimizu posted...
That sounds like the stupidest idea I've read this year.

---

User Info: magnusmagnetic

magnusmagnetic
5 years ago#12
This idea is worse than Pandas.

User Info: mybbqrules

mybbqrules
5 years ago#13
Huh. So you're suggesting solo content with no discernable reward.

We already have that. It's called "Brawlers Guild".
This is my new sig. It sucks compared to my old one because apparently gfaqs mods have never seen cleavage before. GG.

User Info: Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt
5 years ago#14

No no no, his idea was for solo content that people would actually be allowed to do.
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
5 years ago#15
Why the hell would something to please only 5% of the players like this ever even be considered? Are you stupid or something?

Very, very, very, very... VERY VERY VERY VERY few people ever even step foot into a normal or higher raid. You should not cater to the minority. It makes zero sense. What you want is the game to go back to being even more off-putting than it already was prior. Which is just... stupid, and makes no logical sense.
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)

User Info: Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt
5 years ago#16
otisanime posted...
Very, very, very, very... VERY VERY VERY VERY few people ever even step foot into a normal or higher raid. You should not cater to the minority. It makes zero sense. What you want is the game to go back to being even more off-putting than it already was prior. Which is just... stupid, and makes no logical sense.

Same reason they made MoP.
Even though the vast majority didn't buy it, they need to put some kind of content out to keep people playing.
One day dude, I'm just gonna get off the bus, and I'm gonna run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back I'm gonna be the knife master!
-The Rev

User Info: scarecrows

scarecrows
5 years ago#17
otisanime posted...
Why the hell would something to please only 5% of the players like this ever even be considered? Are you stupid or something?

95% of the people still get to see the content. They just don't get loot. Why should they get loot? The complaint was they didn't get to see the content before. Also I'm amused at all the LFR heroes in here getting mad. LFR isn't raiding, you shouldn't get raid gear. It should only be used to teach people the fights so they can go do some real raiding.
Tanks. Insta Q's = Insta QQ's

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
5 years ago#18
scarecrows posted...
otisanime posted...

95% of the people still get to see the content. They just don't get loot. Why should they get loot? The complaint was they didn't get to see the content before. Also I'm amused at all the LFR heroes in here getting mad. LFR isn't raiding, you shouldn't get raid gear. It should only be used to teach people the fights so they can go do some real raiding.

Gear is part of the content of an MMO. It's progressing the character -- it's everything the RPG is. The point is, is you can do nearly anything with LFR, and people probably still won't go onto Normal raids. Not unless you somehow break down the social barriers needed to do them, which is a huge part of the reason the vast, overwhelming majority never step foot in them.
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)

User Info: MitzeIpik

MitzeIpik
5 years ago#19
Lightning Bolt posted...

No no no, his idea was for solo content that people would actually be allowed to do.

You beat me to the joke, damn.

Also, this idea is still stupid, 2 days later
This is the Internet, you have the right to spout any idiot nonsense and insults you want. Thankfully, I have the ability to block these idiots.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
5 years ago#20
scarecrows posted...
otisanime posted...

Give us a valid, viable reason why you shouldn't get any kind of loot in LFR.

No, really, give us one. And one that doesn't involve the words "It demeans the work put in by real raiders". That's not a valid reason, and it's one Blizzard has shot down left and right after people like you got all up in arms about the very NOTION of people getting Epics without setting foot into a Normal Mode raid.

Hell, why don't we go one further. Why not just make it so you don't get loot period unless you do Heroic Raids. I mean, after all, what are Normal Modes but watered down Heroic Raids, just like LFR is a watered down Normal, right?
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. LFR needs to be changed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived