• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does Blizzard delete old WoW accounts?

User Info: blarghberries

blarghberries
6 years ago#1
I skipped Cataclysm but am considering returning for this latest expansion. I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I've been trying to log into my Blizzard account with my old info and Blizz keeps telling me that my email/password/username is incorrect.

I'm trying here: http://us.battle.net/en/

Am I in the wrong place? I checked my old email records and my username and password seem legit. I had 5 level 80's so this is kind of important.

User Info: CatToy

CatToy
6 years ago#2
They do not.

If you're absolutely sure your details are correct, I would contact support.
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/338862/

blarghberries
6 years ago#3
CatToy posted...
They do not.

If you're absolutely sure your details are correct, I would contact support.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out.

I forgot that my account was hacked a long time ago, after which I changed emails. I couldn't remember the password to the Gmail account so I had Blizzard reset it and send the pass to my backup email. All is well now. Wish I could check out my characters but the Armory won't load them since they've been inactive for so long.

User Info: MegaSlush

MegaSlush
6 years ago#4
By the way, before you subscribe, get someone to send you a scroll of resurrection. Free level 80 + upgrade to Cataclysm.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1

blarghberries
6 years ago#5
MegaSlush posted...
By the way, before you subscribe, get someone to send you a scroll of resurrection. Free level 80 + upgrade to Cataclysm.

That's ****ing awesome.

Wish I had known that 15 minutes ago. The wife heard I was thinking about resubscribing and was so excited (she used to play too) she bought us both copies and subscriptions.

User Info: GodSpark127

GodSpark127
6 years ago#6
I'd change your passwords as soon as you can and take other security precautions. Old WoW accounts have a tendency to get hacked. Trust me, I know first hand.
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.

User Info: MegaSlush

MegaSlush
6 years ago#7
Yes, you should definitely get the mobile authenticator. It's free, you get a Corehound Pup (usable in pet battles) and you only need to use it once a week if you're logged in via the same IP. It only asks for a code again if you login from somewhere else, or after a week from the last attempt. But if you somehow feel extra paranoid, you can change your account settings so it checks every single time.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1

blarghberries
6 years ago#8
GodSpark127 posted...
I'd change your passwords as soon as you can and take other security precautions. Old WoW accounts have a tendency to get hacked. Trust me, I know first hand.

MegaSlush posted...
Yes, you should definitely get the mobile authenticator. It's free, you get a Corehound Pup (usable in pet battles) and you only need to use it once a week if you're logged in via the same IP. It only asks for a code again if you login from somewhere else, or after a week from the last attempt. But if you somehow feel extra paranoid, you can change your account settings so it checks every single time.

Done and done. Thanks for the tips.

User Info: DeviousLight

DeviousLight
6 years ago#9
Gamefaqs was helpful for once.....
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Does Blizzard delete old WoW accounts?
  • Topic Archived