Authentication Key Problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Authentication Key Problem

User Info: Alm3ga

Alm3ga
7 years ago#1
I just recently bought Cataclysm, but I haven't been able to play because I can't upgrade my account from the trial version to the full version. The key that comes with Cataclysm isn't working in any place it says to enter the authentication key, so I don't know what is going on.. some help would be appreciated :D -Alm

User Info: Dem_Irbis

Dem_Irbis
7 years ago#2
Sounds like the kind of thing you should talk to Blizzard aboot.

Alm3ga
7 years ago#3
Well I can't get on the official wow forums because I only have a trial account.

Dem_Irbis
7 years ago#4
Call them.

User Info: Scanford

Scanford
7 years ago#5
Er, do you have a non-trial account upgraded to WotLK? If not, there's your problem.

Dem_Irbis
7 years ago#6
Er, do you have a non-trial account upgraded to WotLK? If not, there's your problem.

Good point, I can't believe I missed that. Yeah if you have the basic trial you can't go straight to the full game. Gotta upgrade(buy WoW) then buy The Burning Crusade, then buy Wrath of the Lich King, THEN Cataclysm.

Alm3ga
7 years ago#7
I have all the expansions, but I need the account upgraded. Why the hell does Cataclysm come with a key if I can't use it?

Dem_Irbis
7 years ago#8
If you have WoW and all expansions and it's just Cataclysm that's not working then... well first of all what happens when you try add cataclysm to your account?

User Info: N0tYrBeezin

N0tYrBeezin
7 years ago#9
Dem_Irbis posted...
If you have WoW and all expansions and it's just Cataclysm that's not working then... well first of all what happens when you try add cataclysm to your account?

This! Does it tell you anything after you entered the Cataclysm code?
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Authentication Key Problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived