• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. "Login invalid" when trying to merge

User Info: ErikG803

ErikG803
8 years ago#1
I quit playing the game back in like August before all this Battle.net stuff happened, and now when I'm trying to merge my old WoW account to my new Battle.net account it says the login is invalid. I know I'm not making some stupid typo, it's an easy account name and it's just telling me it's invalid.

The only reason I could imagine this is happening is because I canceled back in August and I still haven't officially re-activated it, but I don't see how to manage my old WoW account without merging it into a Battle.net account, and that's just not working.

Anyone know what could be up?
http://i42.tinypic.com/2rp4e53.jpg
Anthony "LeSex" McCoy

User Info: aran2000

aran2000
8 years ago#2
I have the exact same problem. Last time I ever logged in was back before they put the battle.net stuff in. However I read a post about inactive accounts being hacked and I thought I should probably check mine out. I couldn't log in to manage my account with my old information so I made a new battle.net account and when I went to merge it it gave me the login invalid error.

User Info: Mister_Rabbit

Mister_Rabbit
8 years ago#3
It's THIRD ECHELON, madame president.
GameFAQs definition of "ignorance": descriptive noun used in reference to any incident where someone makes a statement you disagree with.

User Info: BMoD

BMoD
8 years ago#4
When they merged wow and bnet they made you login to wow with your email, instead of whatever old account name you used to use. Make sure you're using the same login info in wow that you use on bnet.
PSN - zBMoD
360 - TehBMoD

ErikG803
8 years ago#5

When they merged wow and bnet they made you login to wow with your email, instead of whatever old account name you used to use. Make sure you're using the same login info in wow that you use on bnet.

So if I used to log in on WoW with the username "User" and password "pass", it's been changed to "E-mail" and "pass"?
http://i40.tinypic.com/2rwn7yc.jpg
Walter "Birdman" Thurmond III

User Info: aran2000

aran2000
8 years ago#6
After going through some password recovery (apparently I didn't even know which email account was tied to my account) I was able to change my password and complete the merge. All my characters are still there and I have no unusual entries in my payment history so I assume I wasn't hacked (tho I can't be sure since I can't see any data on the armory). Weird that my old password didn't work, I don't remember changing it. Oh well.

ErikG803
8 years ago#7

After going through some password recovery (apparently I didn't even know which email account was tied to my account) I was able to change my password and complete the merge. All my characters are still there and I have no unusual entries in my payment history so I assume I wasn't hacked (tho I can't be sure since I can't see any data on the armory). Weird that my old password didn't work, I don't remember changing it. Oh well.

Yeah, same thing happened to me, actually. I can't imagine I ever changed my WoW password but that seemed to do the trick. Hm.
http://i44.tinypic.com/hsw2ux.jpg
"24 Karat" Golden Tate
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. "Login invalid" when trying to merge
  • Topic Archived