• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Sunshine
  3. Blue coins - did you enjoy them?

User Info: flat_tyre

flat_tyre
6 months ago#1
Did you enjoy searching for the blue coins?

I've always been curious about this. How many people enjoyed the blue coins, and how many people didn't?

From what I've seen on here, a lot of people thought they were one of the worst parts of the game, but I really enjoyed them. I love challenges like that, especially when there's no handholding whatsoever. But something tells me that's the very reason people *didn't* like it...
~ A BOOTS WAS PILFERED! ~

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
6 months ago#2
I don't mind the concept of blue coins but 30 per level is blatant padding to make up for less world's than 64.

Also it's inexcusable for the game to not keep track of how many you collected per world.
Support your local gamestop.

User Info: Dragonflame323

Dragonflame323
6 months ago#3
I haven't fully completed Odyssey or anything, but I honestly sort of felt like the concept of the purple coins there were more or less the concept of blue coins here, executed much better.

I still enjoyed the concept here, but if they would have made all the blue coins fair (you would find them during normal explorative traversal of the worlds), I think I would be a bigger fan. still somewhat enjoyed finding them

User Info: SkynyrdRocker

SkynyrdRocker
6 months ago#4
Bloodychess posted...
Also it's inexcusable for the game to not keep track of how many you collected per world.
It does though... Go to the map

User Info: Demon1050

Demon1050
6 months ago#5
The coins add an extra fun collectible to the game but there's too many.

The other problem is how only certain episodes have certain coins and there's no way to know which one has what. That's bulls***. Without a guide you would be searching for months to find them all unless you get stupidly lucky.

User Info: Jalex23

Jalex23
5 months ago#6
At first I collected them all because I thought they helped you or there was a reward. Then I saw you got shines, then I realized shines were worthless. From that point forward I stopped caring about them.

So collected around 50, 40 before and 10 after.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 months ago#7
SkynyrdRocker posted...
It does though... Go to the map
@Bloodychess ?

User Info: perfectlydark1

perfectlydark1
4 months ago#8
I liked the pretty smart way some of them were hidden- but I dont like that you had to have a specific shine selected. It was blatant filller content but I dont mind that if it is enjoyable.
(message deleted)

User Info: dustpal

dustpal
3 months ago#10
I enjoyed them until I was on my last 15 for completion. I was backtracking like crazy trying to find the ones I was missing and I just gave up. With a little bit of tweaking, the system would have been perfect.

I wish they did something to address this with the Switch version to give it a modern touch that it should have released with, but maybe this time I can track them better.
Navy Blue battler on the MSB
Yoshiking: A wise man once said "Never listen to wise men."
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Sunshine
  3. Blue coins - did you enjoy them?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A