• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Sunshine
  3. I'm having a hard time getting into this :/

User Info: Jalex23

Jalex23
5 months ago#11
Crohnos posted...
Well s***. I had no idea this was how people felt about this game. For some reason I thought it was acclaimed.

Do I need to collect all the blue coins or can I get some minimal number of shine sprites to get through to the end of the story?

Yeah, I have been about to shelve it twice.

Its not about shines, you don't need shines. You need to complete each lvl 7 of the 7 levels, then the path to the final boss opens and you can finish it. Shines are irrelevant in this game. So don't even bother with blue coins, you get NOTHING from them (you get shines, which as said are irrelevant).

But even finishing the bare minimum is hard. If you don't enjoy it, then it will feel like homework.

What a disappointment, I always wanted to play it but never had the chance.

User Info: Demon1050

Demon1050
5 months ago#12
I enjoy this game personally but I can totally understand why some people don't. It's a different kind of mario.

I think 3-6 months longer in development would have yielded a whole different experience. Such a shame.

You should trudge through though, just to say you fought the absolute worst final boss in VG history.

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
5 months ago#13
Demon1050 posted...
I enjoy this game personally but I can totally understand why some people don't. It's a different kind of mario.

I think 3-6 months longer in development would have yielded a whole different experience. Such a shame.

You should trudge through though, just to say you fought the absolute worst final boss in VG history.
Eh, I gave up shortly after I made this topic. Decided I’m not in the mental state to force myself to like something
Horror game enthusiast (98 completed)

User Info: mrgame_andwatch

mrgame_andwatch
5 months ago#14
I adored this game as a kid. It is difficult and weird for a Mario game, but I would still enjoy playing it today, at 30 years old. But that may be nostalgia talking. It may be somewhat lacking in variety, but for when it released, it was graphically 11/10 in quality. It blew my young mind, it just seems a bit rushed and unfinished in some parts.

The sandbird was cool, but that thing frustrated me sooooo much. Good thing you can ignore it if you don't want to 100% it, but I was cursed to 100% most games if it was within my ability.
Yohoho.

User Info: justokdan

justokdan
3 months ago#15
This game carries more nostalgia than anything else for me, really. I loved the scenery and a lot of the game mechanics, as they bear the mark of Nintendo innovation. As soon as I started it up again in All-Stars though, I remembered all the frustrations I had: the bad cameras, the obstacle courses, etc.

All in all, it was a great entry in the Mario series, it was just not as widely loved.

User Info: joeygerald805

joeygerald805
2 months ago#16
Many years ago I beat this game 100%, but now trying to jump into it immediately after 100%ing Mario 64 on 3D All Stars, I am having a hard time enjoying it. It is clear Mario 64 is a vastly superior game despite being a generation older and one of the first of the 3D platforming genre. Like, I didn't nearly get my fill of 64 and thought about immediately starting a new game after beating it. Sunshine can barely hold my attention in comparison.

User Info: buddyboy101

buddyboy101
1 month ago#17
After 64 kept Mario on top of the world, Sunshine suddenly saw Mario being outshined as the world moved on between 1996 and 2002.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Sunshine
  3. I'm having a hard time getting into this :/
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A