• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Armored Core 3
  3. Which of these 3 EO cores is your favorite?

User Info: ArmoredCore55

ArmoredCore55
4 months ago#1
Which EO core is your favorite?

Mine would be ORCA. I like the rapid fire for it for a energy weapon. I think it’s fun to use. Although, I do like the other two as well.

User Info: VARidley

VARidley
1 month ago#2
If I have to pick between Orca and GRP, I'll choose Orca, but the two are so close that it's difficult to favor one over the other.

Solid ammo EO's are out of the question for me since I'm not good at aiming with them if enemies move too fast, but it's hard to determine if I like the minimal damage rapid fire or the heavy damage slow fire better.

GRP charges much slower than Orca, but with a low ammo count, you don't have to wait too long for it to charge up a good amount of shots. And with the Orca, it feels necessary for me to charge up at least 50 shots before activating, just because what's the point otherwise since it's a machine gun and all. I don't feel that restriction with the GRP but it's easier to miss since that shoots only one every few seconds.

I think the biggest reason I favor Orca is for the light weight. Giving up my OB function makes a heavyweight AC feel like a death sentence, so I only use EO's on light fast units.
''Let's get Crono's Clone...wait, why'd Bekkler warp it to his house instead of just giving it to us?''
''I dunno Marle, wizards are freakin' weird, let's go.''
(edited 1 month ago)

ArmoredCore55
1 month ago#3
I find solid EO cores to be better for arena than longer missions. Although, they didn’t come until Silent Line. I liked the rifle and linear solid EO’s in Silent Line. The machine gun and rifle ones did become more accurate in the Nexus era, though.

The GRP is really good depending on the situation. Its power goes good with the reloading speed. It kinda looks like Karasawa beams. It’s good for missions like the one with the life forms where you get a part for beating it without destroying any of the canisters. I used stuff like laser cannons, bomb dispensers, and a green laser blade with it on a tank to get the part before beating the game.

I really like the weight and slot number for the ORCA. The recharge rate is pretty good for it, too. Also goes good with all the energy optional parts equipped. I like it with weapons like machine guns and some laser rifles.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: NemesisOgreKing

NemesisOgreKing
1 month ago#4
I always wondered, are there people inside the Cores piloting them?
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCinemassacreTruth/ Don't be a Slob
Your knowledge is only overshadowed by your stupidity, Starscream.

ArmoredCore55
3 days ago#5
NemesisOgreKing posted...
I always wondered, are there people inside the Cores piloting them?
I wonder that, too, or the head?
  1. Boards
  2. Armored Core 3
  3. Which of these 3 EO cores is your favorite?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A