• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Armored Core 3
  3. Battle Tactics: Handguns

User Info: Liberator_2033

Liberator_2033
4 years ago#1
I'd say I'm probably a middle ranked player in Armored Core. I'm by no means an elite player, and can only be considered a veteran based on how many AC games I've played, but experience wise I'm probably still an amateur. This question might make you figure why. Anyways here's my question: what is the best use/tactics for using handguns? I've looked at some data and done some tests myself, but Handguns seem sort of useless. I'm assuming since they have high heat ratings that they're good for overheating ACs in the arena and then knocking down their AP with a bigger gun while they're stuck in the overheat loop, but I've never been able to perform this task very well. They don't seem to do enough damage for the amount of ammo they have. So, fellow Ravens, could you help me out and give me some advice or throw me info or data? Thank you all.
"Life is a burden. Trust me. I've died enough to know." - The Liberator

User Info: AtmosOmega

AtmosOmega
4 years ago#2
I am, funnily enough, a handgun "expert" back in competitive play, since my main arena AC used one.
(two actually, in Silent Line)

If you want the rundown on how to run a handgun design, I posted a thread in the Silent Line board, with that AC and how to run it.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/583011-silent-line-armored-core/74913161

In AC3, handguns are effectively useless because the RF-220 exists.
I'm not even joking; it's just straight up superior to all handguns in their own elements, and is in fact straight up superior to most R-Arm weapons all-round, thanks to its blend of good everything.
(heat, ammo, shot velocity, rate of fire, low weight, no drain, even decent damage)

This was fixed in Silent Line, where the RF-220 was nerfed, and hand-guns were buffed; especially with new models.

The RF-220's Lock type was nerfed to Special, its shot velocity was slightly reduced (many non-Sniper Rifle shot velocities were decreased, in fact), and its heat was nerfed and moved to the new RF-220H variant (which has a lower base attack damage).
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.

User Info: Liberator_2033

Liberator_2033
4 years ago#3
Yeah I know about the RF/220. It's depressing the way it was nerfed. But I'll havento try handguns in Silent Line now that I know that they're not awful.
"Life is a burden. Trust me. I've died enough to know." - The Liberator
  1. Boards
  2. Armored Core 3
  3. Battle Tactics: Handguns
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A