• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Armored Core 3
  3. More AC Designs!

User Info: Liberator_2033

Liberator_2033
4 years ago#141
Alright. Maybe I can try that with my little brother when I see him next. It should be fun. I last left off on testing out the shotguns. I've only tested the GS-72 so far. Honestly, I don't like shotguns a whole lot. My favorites are stil Rifles and Machine Guns.
"Life is a burden. Trust me. I've died enough to know." - The Liberator

User Info: AtmosOmega

AtmosOmega
4 years ago#142
Shotguns are fantastic weapons in AC3 VS because most of the competitive game takes place at close range.

GS-56 is a monster of a gun, and far better than GS-72.
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.

User Info: omega bahumat

omega bahumat
4 years ago#143
I just started a new file.

Got the Volare in 3 attempts. Pretty awful to do with starting tech.

Working on the arena right now.

User Info: Liberator_2033

Liberator_2033
4 years ago#144
Yeah restarting definitely sucks. The starting AC has way too many limitations.
"Life is a burden. Trust me. I've died enough to know." - The Liberator

AtmosOmega
4 years ago#145
AC3 has by far the most forgiving opening of any game.

The starting parts are all trash except STO and EDF (and later, S40/1), but it's super easy to fix that.

Win an arena match to get the SM42/6 then sell BOTH units you get (remember, back weapons you win come in pairs!), then sell your back radar, small missile unit, and generator to pick up some choice purchases.
ROZ, RF-220, and after a few matches, the 002 boosters.

Maybe sell the laser blade too as necessary, although it is useful for a few early missions.

The opening salvo of MT turkey shoots should be handled by a laser rifle or pulse rifle to maximize profits. The TIE head is a cheap precursor to VEN, the latter of which you should use for most if not all remaining missions.

After that it's...pretty easy getting into a groove really.
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.

User Info: omega bahumat

omega bahumat
4 years ago#146
Yeah. I mostly meant I didn't like doing the ac test s rank to get the Volar legs lol

Had to redo it twice because I couldn't get the right fcs to hit them from the center

AtmosOmega
4 years ago#147
Oh yeah! VOLAR too.
I think I got that by accident while testing an FCS swap.
  1. Boards
  2. Armored Core 3
  3. More AC Designs!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A