American All-Stars

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Race Driver
  3. American All-Stars

User Info: Ithuar

Ithuar
8 years ago#1

I figure there ought to be one or two people out there who still play PRD. I've started playing the game again. It's great fun, but just yesterday I was reminded of how frustrating the AAS series is. Does anyone have any tips for me, because I can't find anything except for one guide that says using cheat codes helps. My bonus code isn't on any cheat site, and I begrudge Codemasters the $5 you need to lay down to get cheats to a game I already paid $30 for (but that's a rant for another day).

I need just 9 more points to progress to the World Championship, but I do need to finish in the top three, I believe, in order to unlock one of the bonus cars.

Here's hoping there's someone reading this who can help me out.

User Info: KiwiBerry

KiwiBerry
8 years ago#2
Hahaha, I still play PRD as well even after all these years!

Anyway, you may find it beneficial to run stiff suspension and high downforce, since you will gain plenty of speed in straights (and somehow running stiff suspension gives you more grip, go figure).

On Bristol you should try using a tap of the handbrake to get the car loose so you can take the curve faster.

(btw; if you can get past the Power Racing Tier, the Lola World Championship is almost a total pushover!!!)
PSN: TakatsukiYayoi
Currently playing: Battlefield: Bad Company 2, ModNation Racers (soon), R-type Delta, GRID (PC)

User Info: Ithuar

Ithuar
8 years ago#3

Thanks, Kiwi, I'm going to try that. I finished the World Championship two days ago, after having redone the V8 Supercars and having left the AAS series alone. I don't actually think it's that easy, because you have Landers starting first almost all the time, with you in a slower car. It's the races at Fuji and Nürburgring that are tricky. I ended up redoing the latter about 8 times before I got lucky and saw Landers' Viper collide with another car ahead of me, allowing me to swoop past.

User Info: KiwiBerry

KiwiBerry
8 years ago#4
You know, you don't have to win all the races in the Lola World Championship to win, right? After the 5th round I was ahead of second place by about 20 or more points, but maybe I was lucky :/
PSN: TakatsukiYayoi
Currently playing: Battlefield: Bad Company 2, ModNation Racers (soon), R-type Delta, GRID (PC)
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Race Driver
  3. American All-Stars

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived