• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. Hard playthrough, hitting a wall in Shadows Cave

User Info: Eretrad

Eretrad
1 year ago#1
Not sure if anyone comes to this board anymore.

I've been playing on Hard for the first time (several plays on normal though) and I'm starting to have major difficulties.

Celsius, Volt, and Hyades 2 I had to use an all divide to even have a shot.

I just finished Aefreads gambling dungeon. The enemies there were an absolute nightmare. Namely those Dragontooths.

Now that I have the submarine I decided to go into Shadows Cave where these Dragontooths are also in. It takes a few reloads for me to even win a single fight in here.

Unfortunately this was my main leveling spot on Normal. I'm only level 39, so I know I'm pretty low for Hard mode.

Is there a better spot to level at? Or maybe some enemies that drop hp boosting items? Three Dragontooths wreck me in about 3 seconds unless I can manage to stun them the whole fight.

User Info: Eretrad

Eretrad
1 year ago#2
Alright I ended up just skipping all encounters and managed to beat Shadow. Its amazing that the boss is a cakewalk compared to the regular enemies.

The Sunken ship's enemies are much easier to level up on and seem to give more experience.

I managed to best Maxwell after several attempts. He's definitely a powerhouse. Demon Twist made it much easier to counter his casting. I had to be very careful when to attack him though. Took me an hour to learn his teleporting pattern, and another 30 minutes of fighting (no all divide needed for him surprisingly).

We'll see how Rem and Sekundes are. Sekundes I'm assuming is going to be a nightmare.

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
1 year ago#3
Yeah, like you said those skeleton monsters are pretty tough. Not sure about Hard but on Hardcore they 1 shot anyone they run at. Still, they telegraph their attack by running and if you can stop them in their track they die pretty quickly to Excalibur.

Sunken Ship is a good place to level, so is the beach outside Aifreid's dungeon on Inferia. Maxwell is an attrition battle but it seems like you got it. The main way to kill him faster is, as usual, use Max the boss killer with Aqua Spiral and bait the ground thingie with Reid.

Rem shouldn't be too hard since you got Shadow, Sekundes is definitely a b**** though, hardest boss in the game with Regulus-Nereid.
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. Hard playthrough, hitting a wall in Shadows Cave
  • Topic Archived