• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. Started the game again for the first time in 12 years.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#21
**** this ****, I'm done. I don't even want to play anymore, stupid BS ruined it for me. This Guitaricle enemy is impossible to get drops off of. I've been here trying for 5 goddamn hours and haven't gotten anything.

No other ***Ing enemy in this game is even remotely this hard to farm...and I don't think remotely does it justice as far as how much of a difference there is. Every other enemy in the game took me no more than 10 minutes of grinding to snag their item at most. I have no words for how ****ing stupid this is, no words exist to describe how stupid this is.

*Edit*
I finally got them. Both items luckily fell in a single fight. I don't take back a word of that rant though...
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
4 years ago#22
I doubt anyone likes those things, though I think the drops are the least of it.

Wish I could just sit back and play, work is going slowly and I'm not really feeling it.
I don't like to THINK of myself as a metagamer, but I do have metagaming tendencies...

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
4 years ago#23
both Arche and Cless are immune to Omega Seal so Quasi Seal won't work on Cless as soon as Arche is beaten and I didn't bother with Rising Burning Phoenix on normal mode when Cless is the only targets.

Omega Demon Chaos by itself without triggering Dragon Demon Chaos is safe to use Eternal Blade to kill Reid instantly only works if you attempt to Dragon Demon Chaos Cless.

Alltra
4 years ago#24
I don't think I've ever managed to get any of Reid's extensions to work, so that's honestly not an issue.

I'm not even sure I even need to bother with skills. Just being careful and using normal combos seemed to work fine, till he started countering 3+ hit combos. Just needed to be able to pull off higher damage to kill him faster, which leaves me more room for error.

On another subject, I crushed ****...to the point she can be crushed...and didn't lose anyone in the process, to keep my no deaths play through in tact. Now I'm farming the roulette wheel puzzle in Aifread's Cavern.

...and apparently I can't say her name, because it's banned...

The_Lourde
4 years ago#25
The equations for them are needlessly complicated, but boil down to "hit the button again at the end after you've got a high usage count". It's mainly the two finishers that need to be avoided--I think he has too much wind resistance for Quasi Seal to trigger, so basically just don't try to spam Omega Demon Chaos.

Tempest Strike is useful for escape when you get cornered by Sonic Spam, Megasonic Thrust is good for the damage and the knock back, Spiral Attack is typically recommended due to its startup speed. You have the right idea in keeping it to short combos, that gives him less of a chance to break loose and tear into you while you're tied up in a long animation.
I don't like to THINK of myself as a metagamer, but I do have metagaming tendencies...

The_Lourde
4 years ago#26
Oh, and you jinxed me with Guitaricle. I used to run into the bloody things all over the Castle, this time I saw ONE (and did not get that 1% drop).

VeghEsther
4 years ago#27
As a last resort do the first 2 seyfert trials and own 15x reverse dolls that way you can try to Aurora sword Cless when you have under 100 HP left and a reverse doll to auto revive you if you die before you can trigger Aurora Wall to use Aurora Sword).

The 2 moves cost 150 total TP so try to use a Fairy Ring in Reids 2nd slot if you can use it.

As for Spiral Attack > Mega Sonic Thrust it only works when Arche isn't fightable else on both hard and mania mode Cless will easily block the 2 moves only to easily kill you afterwards.

The only way around that is via the Derris emblem and on mania mode the boss you fight to equip it can be even harder to kill them Cless + Arche will.

Alltra
4 years ago#28
I could have done that on disc 1, I farmed 15 of them in the Forest just passing through to Inferia. I'm just not sure if they still count as getting killed, so I chose not to go that route.

Alltra
4 years ago#29
Ugh...I can't find this stupid Lens in Jini. I've searched every corner of the AH it's supposed to be in, and it's nowhere. Apparently there's some glitch with it, which is a huge problem with pretty much every Tales game I've played, but it has to do with changing difficulty. I've never changed it though, not this play through anyway. I did on my first to activate Hardcore.

Now I really don't want to play anymore, stupid, glitched game.

VeghEsther
4 years ago#30
That won't matter you only need like 50 of the games 60 to get the Korna symbol via 50 lens traded in so the auction house glitched one really won't matter.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. Started the game again for the first time in 12 years.
  • Topic Archived