• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. Started the game again for the first time in 12 years.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 years ago#11
Cool, another repeater.

Yeah, I did the same thing you are, maxing out recipes. The only one I didn't max out was Nutrition Drink because I didn't have access to all the ingredients.

Right now I'm working on getting the WHIS Master Title.

*Edit*
Scratch that. I can't earn either of them till I reach Jini.
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
4 years ago#12
I've repeated this one a couple of times, it's a personal favorite. It introduced some great additions to the series like elemental fusion techs (though it's definitely easier in Symphonia) and real-time spellcasting, and while I don't think it was the first one with the cooking system I do believe it was the US introduction to it.

The cast feels a little weak on variety, the US voices suck out loud, and story isn't exactly Pulitzer material... but this one holds a special place for me, warts and all. My brother is the same way with Tales of Destiny.
I don't like to THINK of myself as a metagamer, but I do have metagaming tendencies...

The_Lourde
4 years ago#13
Oh, another thing I love: why don't they make the AI this customizable anymore?
I don't like to THINK of myself as a metagamer, but I do have metagaming tendencies...

Alltra
4 years ago#14
I actually thought the story concept was fairly interesting. The idea of having two planets joined together to form one was pretty unique. There aren't too many RPGs that I've played that share a similar concept, and it's a fairly interesting play on the "multiple worlds" concept.

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
4 years ago#15
Well I won't fight Cless with Arche on hard mode either even with the final dungeon weapons/armors equipped on him.

But I won't attempt ANY of the arena fights on normal mode even if I was at levels over 70 on disc 1 as for that 1 recipe theirs only 2 spits in the entire game to buy the said purple satay item with 1 of those spots being accessible only at the time the final dungeon opens up.

The other spot is right before the Gnome fight starts one of those mini Gnomes 1 screen before the Gnome battle contains a food shop with the said required food item needed to make those said recipes.

But at the time I mastered all the disc 1 recipes even on Mania/hardcore mode I only ended the disc at level 55 to 60 but would not do any of the arena battles even on normal mode at those levels.

Alltra
4 years ago#16
Finally got the Van Eltia. God, this is what I love about these older RPGs, they actually make new modes of transportation a big deal. They actually have a use, as opposed to just being eye candy for automated travel.

So now I'm wandering around Celestia using Chat to steal everything that isn't nailed down.

The_Lourde
4 years ago#17
I love her character. Dunno why, they didn't really give her great moves and if she were a boy I'd probably find her annoying, but I like Chat.

Going through the Hut ATM, but just had the game freeze on the 6th or 5th floor. :-(

As for Cress and Arche, they'll be easier when you come back with better gear. Rising Phoenix - > Burning Phoenix until Arche is down, then the trusty Spiral Attack + Megasonic Thrust combo is quite serviceable against Cress. I like packing the Crystal Dagger since it's non-elemental and the extra accuracy helps knock Cress out of his attacks a little more easily. He's not unbeatable.

Alltra
4 years ago#18
The only issue I was really having was my damage. If I could have pulled off more than 6 points per hit I'm pretty sure I could...manage better than I did. The only worrisome issue was he started countering my combos. I had him to the point where I could bait him into attacking, move just out of range without going far enough to trigger Sonic Blade spamming, and then hit him for a 2-3 hit combo unblocked. When I got him down lower, he started countering those combos with a nasty attack that pretty much killed me to death.

The_Lourde
4 years ago#19
Better equipment and better stats make all the difference. If it were supposed to be easy then the Eternal Sword and Arche's Ribbon wouldn't be as good!

You really want to stay away from certain moves, he does some NASTY counters against Omega Demon Chaos/Dragon Demon Chaos and I'd double check on Rising/Burning Phoenix and Omega/Quasi Seal. At best they're less effective due to his elemental defense and at worst he may punish them brutally.

Alltra
4 years ago#20
Hmm...I'm a bit frustrated right now. I really hate randomness, especially when the programmers conspire to make acquiring items a time consuming, annoying, tedious process. Nevermind the actual items themselves being worthless junk that isn't worthy of being so difficult to acquire. The real reward, at least as far as I'm concerned, is bestiary completion.

In any event, I'm having huge issues getting 3 enemies fully documented. They're all rare enemies that almost never show up.

Hominicle have a 1% drop item, which is ridiculous considering how rare they are. ****ing pick one programmers, low drop rate -OR- low appearance rate, NOT ****ING BOTH. Ass wholes...

Guitaricle is even worse. Rarest enemy in the place, not counting fixed encounters with Fakes. Top it off with his stupid spinning orb shield that prevents me from comboing or getting TS on it to help the drop rate. Infuriating enemy to farm....

Clay Golem is just being stingy with drops, even though it's drop rate for the item is a high 6%.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. Started the game again for the first time in 12 years.
  • Topic Archived