• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. I cannot get the hang of combo system >_<

User Info: threamcloud

threamcloud
5 years ago#1
The only combo I sucessfully do is through Ras neosonic swarm + swallow dance of farah (two of this I put this in shortcut) + Reid skill. And the best i got so far is only 23 hit combo. It's low, right? I have just made it into getting the Fire craymel.

I read the FAQs and see people getting even 15 hit combo with Reid only. Problem is that it's so hard to do that.
Example: Attack x 3 + Demon Hammer + Neosonic Swarm = 11 hits
I cannot even do that attack x3. he just does 2 attack then run back to his place or getting interrupted by enemies.

Now Ras is out of the party, I cannot do any 20+ combo with Keele...

Any advice?

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
5 years ago#2
Reload a save file where he (ras is still in the party) then you can gain all the levels/skills you want to for a long time.

In fact on a hardcore/mania fight (against Sylph) I already had Omega Demon Chaos/Rising Phoenix AND the requirements for Dragon Demon Chaos/Burning Phoenix usable.

Without him in the party Rid/Farah should still use those moves over and over while Keel and Meredy use Fireball and Lightning over and over.

threamcloud
5 years ago#3
tks for quick reply.

But I only had this save file >_<. The other one is at the beginning of the game.
Argg, doing 5-10 hit combo really earns suck exp.

There must be somthing wrong with my way of doing combo. I cannot seem to link Farrah Reid and Kelle combo. But what is it? O => L+ O => L+X then I got interrupted by enemies, cannot do anymore combo (in fact, the fireball by Kelle does not seem to chain together at all).

Ras will rejoin, right guys?

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
5 years ago#4
No once you beat Sylph that's it for Ras and its very hard to combo without him.

However even with none of Meredy and Keele's spells turned on you could still use Neo Swarm + Sonic Fist/Swallow Dance over and over for 30+ hits.

Yes just mash the L + X or L + O buttons (holding them down) won't work for the shortcuts.

User Info: capefeather

capefeather
5 years ago#5
It's pretty hard to do a long combo in this game unless you really try, and I personally don't bother trying multiple-character combos. You're probably going to learn almost everything by the end of the game anyway.
The Official Tyrell Badd of the Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban Board
Rival Contest percentile: 84.9537

threamcloud
5 years ago#6
After some days, I managed to get to 26 combo with Farah and Reid. Well, not so good, I know but I guess I will have to satisfy with that.

This is what I love Tales series. Things get harder and harder although the begnning is piece of cake.

User Info: capefeather

capefeather
5 years ago#7
Really late, but I just noticed you mentioning not being able to normal-attack three times. You can't chain three of the same attack in a row (Slash x3 or Thrust x3) in this game. It has to be XXO or XOO where X is one type and O is the other.
The Official Tyrell Badd of the Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban Board
Rival Contest percentile: 84.9537
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Destiny II
  3. I cannot get the hang of combo system >_<
  • Topic Archived