• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Bros. 3
  3. The chests are completly random regardless of which one you choose.

User Info: VeryFunTimes

VeryFunTimes
7 years ago#1
I've figured that out. It seems like it's about 40% chance of mushroom, 40% chance of flower, 20% chance of leaf. Can you get this information from the code? How close am I?
It's supposed to be elixir.

User Info: zoogelio

zoogelio
7 years ago#2
If I remember correctly, it's time-based and rotates not random but fixed based upon when you enter.

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
7 years ago#3
Well I know I've gotten the leaf way more than the fire flower over the years, and it seems the better I do the more likely I am to receive a sucky power-up such as a mushroom. I thought it was based on skill but the guy above me is probably right

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
7 years ago#4
There are a few houses that are guaranteed to have a specific item. The first mushroom house in World 3, for example, will always give you a frog suit.
[OF] Zzonk / PSN ID: Zzonkmiles / MKW: 5456-6092-6685
Download my Final Fantasy Zz (Hard Type) hack at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/803/

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
7 years ago#5
How about the tanooki suit in the first mushroom house of World 5? I've never gotten anything else.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
7 years ago#6
I'll just write down all of 'em.

'GUARANTEED' TOAD'S HOUSES:

World 1: None

World 2:
House on far right, past boulder you have to break with Hammer: Frog Suit

World 3:
First house, the one accessible right after clearing 3-2: Frog Suit

World 4:
First house, the one you get by breaking the boulder next to the pipe next to 4-1: Tanooki Suit

World 5:
First house, the one accessible after clearing 5-2: Tanooki Suit

World 6:
First house, the one accessible after clearing 6-2 or 6-3: Hammer Suit(NOTE: Only in the All-Stars Version; original version is a Mushroom/Fire Flower/Super Leaf house)
Second house, the one accessible after clearing 6-5: Hammer Suit

World 7: None

World 8: LOL

And that's all of them!
GFAQs F-Zero GX Fantasy Grand Prix Season I Champion - TN, MT, CB
Link meets Fire Emblem in Tales of Elibe! Read, and find out what happens!

User Info: VeryFunTimes

VeryFunTimes
7 years ago#7
Well, yes, of course.
AIM: lostelixer

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
7 years ago#8
Last time I played Mario 3 (two days ago) I did extremely well in the first World and... I got a mushroom in both houses. I dunno, I'm starting to think your skills may determine what you get :)

User Info: LightnessZero

LightnessZero
7 years ago#9
Some are fixed, some have a kind of randomness controlled by an in-game seed (just use a save state to prove that).
Gamefaqs spellchecker doesn't recognize the word Gamefaqs!

User Info: CBZ652

CBZ652
7 years ago#10
I usually have the best luck when choosing the far right chest, but that may just be me.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Bros. 3
  3. The chests are completly random regardless of which one you choose.
  • Topic Archived