• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Bros. 3
  3. Princess Toadstool's letters. (spoilers)

User Info: ChaseXtreme

ChaseXtreme
10 years ago#1
Most of us know these are out of order but the one after World 6, interested me the most. It says:
"I am well. Please retrieve the Magic Whistle hidden in the darkness at the end of the third world. "

Wouldn't that be "third level" and for World 1? And you never get a letter until you beat the airship in a World anyway. Was Mario ever intended to get a letter at the start of the game?

Most of the other letter's needed to be in different places

Beat World 1: (Start of World 2)
If you see any ghosts, be careful. They will give chase if you turn away.

Can seem to figure where this one goes. But it doesn't go here since the end of World 4's letter goes here

Beat World 2: (Start of World 3)
You can stomp on your enemies using Goomba's shoe.

I believe this was intended for that start of World 5

Beat World 3: (Start of World 4)
The White Block contains magic powers that will enable you to defeat your enemies.

Could be anywhere. But is that White Block a Jugem's Cloud? You don't get that item with THIS letter.

Beat World 4: (Start of World 5)
The thief who stole the Whistle has escaped to the east side of the Sand Dunes.

Intended for Start of World 2

Beat World 5: (Start of World 6)
Be careful in the ice world. The creatures trapped in the ice will come to life if warmed.

This one is obviously correct

Beat World 6: (Start of World 7)
I am well. Please retrieve the Magic Whistle hidden in the darkness at the end of the third world

Already explained above
Topics killed in 2010: 195
Topics killed in 2009: 1,021

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
10 years ago#2
I actually interpreted her letters to mean in the future these things will happen, not necessarily the very next world.

The letter about the ghosts would make sense if giving you info about future events was the game developers intention, because ghosts begin appearing in world 2, and last throughout the game.

She *should* have mentioned the sun in that sun level for world 2. That damn thing absolutely hates me. :)

I know where you're coming from though- her letters are still awkward at best.

User Info: T_bird

T_bird
10 years ago#3
It makes sense that the clue for a whistle would be given after it's too late. That way you have something to look for the next time you play.
There was no joy in Magicant,
for mighty Ness has struck out.
-outsider90909

User Info: MI4 REAL

MI4 REAL
10 years ago#4
Beat World 3: (Start of World 4)
The White Block contains magic powers that will enable you to defeat your enemies.

Could be anywhere. But is that White Block a Jugem's Cloud? You don't get that item with THIS letter.

The White Block is the magical block within a level you can pick up and kick toward your enemies. You can find this first in World 3-3. It looks like an ordinary brick, except colored white.

It later stages, it can be picked up by Buster Beetles and hurled at you.

"Er...well, y'know. You can't make an omelette without um...destroying a forest.....or something" -Black Mage

User Info: ChaseXtreme

ChaseXtreme
10 years ago#5
I always thought those bricks were more blue and were called ice bricks
Topics killed in 2010: 195
Topics killed in 2009: 1,021

User Info: CorruptedRPG

CorruptedRPG
10 years ago#6
Isn't the white block the one with musical note?
C. Playing:

User Info: needlewarbler

needlewarbler
10 years ago#7
http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/bugs/smb3_ice_blocks.gif

Looks pretty white to me.

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
10 years ago#8
On my television sets, I've never seen those blocks white. They've always been mostly silver with elements of blue.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
10 years ago#9
Maybe white compared to the Brick Blocks?...

Anyway, I always thought that comment was about the Note Blocks.
Prozium - As long as it's not forced, and if one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.

User Info: Gaming_Mastery

Gaming_Mastery
10 years ago#10
Wouldn't that be "third level" and for World 1?

In Mario games, levels are referred to as World, so third level would be the third world of the game, or "World 1-3"
"Tries too hard to troll/be funny/etc., and his unwarranted sense of lolinternetsuperiority oftentimes makes him look like an lolinternetdouchebag."
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Bros. 3
  3. Princess Toadstool's letters. (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A