• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  3. I'm attempting to get into this show

User Info: Muck0 Man

Muck0 Man
7 years ago#1
So far the first season is alright. Nothing amazing but interesting nevertheless. I'm more interested in what sexy outfit Buffy will be wearing than anything else so far. If anyone stops by here what season does the show really start getting good?

Only gripe I have so far is the dialogue is a bit cheesy. Especially pretty much anything Xander says. Seriously, no one in high school talks like that.
All time favorites: MGS3, Fallout 2, Morrowind, GTA: VC, OoT, Earthbound

Muck0 Man
7 years ago#2
Finished the first season this week. The show is definitely getting more interesting as it evolves itself over prior events. Watched the first episode of the 2nd season and the overall execution seems tenfold better than the first. Xander is growing on me
which didn't seem possible. Looking forward to what's to come.

User Info: insinceremelody

insinceremelody
7 years ago#3
The show gets better as it progresses peaking, in my opinion, at the fifth season. Though, that's not to say that the last two seasons are bad. They just become more melodramatic. In any case, the dialogue doesn't change too much. That's part of why people liked it.

Muck0 Man
7 years ago#4
Yeah the dialog really isn't bad, just cheesy but it does add to the show in its own way. I've heard people say that Angel in ways is even better than Buffy but I'll likely wait til I finish it first.

And thanks for the reply. Was beginning to question whether I should have posted this topic on the television boards.

I also recently started watching Veronica Mars which I heard Joss Whedon was a fan of and must say I may like it even more than Buffy. Shame it was canceled. Kristen Bell is just gorgeous.

User Info: SSJen

SSJen
7 years ago#5
It's a good show. (Angel is as well). Yeah, sometimes the dialogue borders on cheesy (especially in the earlier seasons), but they have some good one-liners. I'm re-watching it now on dvd. The game for this board was good...I tried chaos bleeds, but didn't care for the controls.
Crank it and bank it.

Muck0 Man
7 years ago#6
Eventually I'll check out Angel. Probably won't be for awhile though. I'm in the process of juggling between so many shows it's not even funny.

Ironically I never watch anything on TV, only DVD. I can't stand being forced to tune in at a certain time every week and commercials annoy the hell out of me.

User Info: jesse5128

jesse5128
7 years ago#7
Buffy is a great show... I was skeptical at first but after I watched season 1 I was hooked.
Hands down it is one of my all time favourite shows ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  3. I'm attempting to get into this show
  • Topic Archived