Giving this game another try.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
  3. Giving this game another try.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
8 years ago#1
I played the original Shadowman on the PC and loved it. Still not happy that WinXP made it stop working.

I got Shadowman: 2econd Coming used a couple years ago and really couldn't get into it. Everything seemed gray and hard to see. Since then I've upgraded the connection to my HDTV twice. Just now re-tried the game and it's tons better looking.

I've also been playing Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2. So I'm really ready for a game with decent combat, control, and platforming. This game looks like it.

The different control configurations are kind of neat. Currently trying Configuration 1, with the left joystick for forward/back and left/right strafing. Different, but feels right somehow. Mikes moves have the same feel. Awkward looking, but still under control somehow.

Further reports as events warrant.
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
8 years ago#2
Continued on with the game. Getting out of town returned me to the gray and hard to see mode I remembered so well. Can't spot a path out of an area even when looking at it. The map's a pain to get to, too.

Turned brightness, sharpness, and contrast way up and the game's playable. With the help of a walkthrough got to the first boss fight. Which is infuriating. After waltzing through all the other combat this guy's got a one-hit kill! Aarrrgghh! What a stupid idea.
Jove the Sleep Depraved. Primal Wiki: http://primal.wikia.com
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
  3. Giving this game another try.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived