• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy mall
Fogsprig 1 month ago#1
Best shop in Final Fantasy mall? - Results (25 votes)
INN
12% (3 votes)
WEAPON
8% (2 votes)
ARMOR
0% (0 votes)
WMAGIC
16% (4 votes)
BMAGIC
24% (6 votes)
ITEM
12% (3 votes)
CLINIC/CHURCH(j)
8% (2 votes)
OASIS
20% (5 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/5/2/1/AAe8cRAACpzh.png
This poll is dedicated to the upcoming Christmas shopping spree. Later I'm gonna think about the ads for every shop, like "Cockatrices? Medusas? Is it bad? Get our SOFTs and be rad!" but less stupid.
HYPE HYPE HYPE NERV
des223 1 month ago#2
Going with Item here, because that most closely resembles a bar.
If there were college degrees in 8-bit Nintendo, I'd have a Ph.D. by now.
Fogsprig 1 month ago#3
des223 posted...
Going with Item here, because that most closely resembles a bar.

Yep. And another thing about the item shop is that it's the most visited place, kind of second home. :)
HYPE HYPE HYPE NERV
beege_man 1 month ago#4
The only thing I associate the Item shop with is endless having to press the A button a billion times. No thank you. Never again.
L44 482/482 9/9/9/8/8/8/8/7 Int/MDef: 58/106
HDCEA: 116-111-106/51-53-46/3-4-6.5/83/43(37) Resist: Ice/(Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral
Toss up between Inn and White Magic for me. Went with WM because that guy looks nothing like the typical White Mage, and I like that. The Inn keeper seems so friendly.

The weapon shop owner looks too much like a general store keeper from the Wild West, and that Black Magic owner makes me think I’m doing something shady every time I’m in there.
(edited 1 month ago)
Jay_Shaw 1 month ago#6
I had to go with the Oasis, myself - this is entirely because of the cool sprite for the Middle-Eastern shopkeeper and not because of the usefulness of his wares (although you technically can't complete the game without purchasing a Bottle from this guy)! For those of you who have played Dragon Warrior III, this shopkeeper reminds me a bit of the way I picture the merchants in the desert town of Assaram who are the only ones in the game who attempt to haggle with you (but who will nonetheless never sell any of their goods to you for less than twice the normal market price for the item).

By the way, I have to agree with beege_man about the Item Shop. I haven't played the original NES version of this game in well over two decades, but I still recall what a pain it was to buy 99 copies of each of the cheaper items in the game (which I always did for some reason when I was younger) when you had to buy each item individually - purchasing 99 Heal Potions is actually relatively easy compared to purchasing 99 copies of the items where you have to navigate the hand icon to the item each time you need to purchase a copy of it (as opposed to simply repeatedly pressing the A button on your controller to purchase 99 Heal Potions)....

--Jay
(edited 1 month ago)
Fogsprig 1 month ago#7
Jay_Shaw posted...
I had to go with the Oasis, myself - this is entirely because of the cool sprite for the Middle-Eastern shopkeeper and not because of the usefulness of his wares (although you technically can't complete the game without purchasing a Bottle from this guy)! For those of you who have played Dragon Warrior III, this shopkeeper reminds me a bit of the way I picture the merchants in the desert town of Assaram who are the only ones in the game who attempt to haggle with you (but who will nonetheless never sell any of their goods to you for less than twice the normal market price for the item).

I always had a feeling that magic shops did not work well with that ominous nightclub hue, so Oasis is my next choice.
HYPE HYPE HYPE NERV
I would go with Inn since it is the best place to restore HP and spell charges, but to get the spells in the first place, you need to buy the spells, so I'm going with WMAGIC, which in my opinion is more useful
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism Floccinaucinihilipilification
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy mall
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A