• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Well, I've finally beaten this one

User Info: DannyAIC

DannyAIC
3 months ago#1
And I've come to the same conclusion as everyone. Three big fighters and a red mage is a stomp on almost everything. I've had two warriors, a BB, and RM, blowing through everything all game. Even the Ice cave gave me no problems, though I will admit i had some nice RNG in there. But the eye was dead round 1. When youre killing everything so quickly, It's better just do out of combat healing with potions over any of the healing. Lif2 and Cur4 seems like they had potential to be missed.

Almost makes me wanna try Two warriors a red mage and a black mage to see if magic is as useless as I feel that it is. By the end of the game Bolt 3. ice 3 etc, were basically cleaning trash that would have been easily destroyed anyway. They were definitely useful in the early game without harm though. I can't imagine fighting those packs of undead without them, each battle would take hours.
Marcello: They injured six of my guards! Angelo: (whistles) Marcello: .......very well..

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
3 months ago#2
Congrats!

DannyAIC posted...
Almost makes me wanna try Two warriors a red mage and a black mage to see if magic is as useless as I feel that it is.
With two warriors, yes, magic is basically useless other than for clearing trash slightly quicker than attacking each enemy one by one. If you want a completely different experience at the game though, you could try a party of all mages so that you have to rely on magic and can't just sword your way through.
L43 474/474 9/9/9/8/8/8/7/7 Int/MDef: 57/104
HDCEA: 114-109-104/51-53-46/3-4-6.5/83/43(37) Resist: Ice/(Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral

User Info: CrashGordon94_

CrashGordon94_
3 months ago#3
I've had two warriors, a BB, and RM

Funnily enough, that was the very first party I used to beat the NES version too. :P

And congrats!

Magic damage is definitely usually weaker than physical attacks as you've noticed, but multi-target attack spells can be handy with mopping up enemies.

If you want to see the "deal" with magic, I might suggest Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage, a solid and very functional party that shows it more. Of if you did the "classical" Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage party you would have sampled every class in the game, but admittedly that party's a lot weaker.
Aspiring Streamer: https://www.twitch.tv/crashgordon94/
If you're interested in this, join my server about it! https://discord.gg/5gXWcVG

User Info: DannyAIC

DannyAIC
3 months ago#4
CrashGordon94_ posted...
Funnily enough, that was the very first party I used to beat the NES version too. :P

And congrats!

Magic damage is definitely usually weaker than physical attacks as you've noticed, but multi-target attack spells can be handy with mopping up enemies.

If you want to see the "deal" with magic, I might suggest Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage, a solid and very functional party that shows it more. Of if you did the "classical" Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage party you would have sampled every class in the game, but admittedly that party's a lot weaker.

I tried the thiuef on one run and said never again haha

My longest run before this one was a F/BB/RM/WM and it was really nice, but by mid game, I kept feeling like I'd rather have another fighter instead of my white mage, which was why I restarted with this group. I think the only class I never tried was the black mage because they were so easily replaced by a red mage, whereas the white mage much less so.
Marcello: They injured six of my guards! Angelo: (whistles) Marcello: .......very well..

User Info: Jay_Shaw

Jay_Shaw
3 months ago#5
Congratulations on getting through the game, DannyAIC! When I wanted a really stress-free playthrough when first playing the Origins version of the game several years ago, I actually used three Fighters and a White Mage so I could have access to Cure4 and Life2 like you mentioned.....

--Jay

User Info: CrashGordon94_

CrashGordon94_
3 months ago#6
DannyAIC posted...
I tried the thiuef on one run and said never again haha

My longest run before this one was a F/BB/RM/WM and it was really nice, but by mid game, I kept feeling like I'd rather have another fighter instead of my white mage, which was why I restarted with this group. I think the only class I never tried was the black mage because they were so easily replaced by a red mage, whereas the white mage much less so.
That's another party I used (generally one of my recommended ones for those playing the NES version without repeats).

Yeah, the Class balance is definitely off in the NES version. I still say it's interesting to use the less optimal setups but it's definitely a bit of a self-imposed challenge thing. And Fi/Fi/?/RM is certainly the "formula" for a really strong party.
Aspiring Streamer: https://www.twitch.tv/crashgordon94/
If you're interested in this, join my server about it! https://discord.gg/5gXWcVG
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Well, I've finally beaten this one
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A