• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone try Pixel Remaster yet?

User Info: Jay_Shaw

Jay_Shaw
3 months ago#31
After hearing all of the rave reviews about the Final Fantasy I Pixel soundtrack, I checked to see if it was possible to download .mp3 versions of the soundtrack files anywhere. I was able to download a .zip file containing .mp3 versions of the soundtrack files using the "MEDIAFIRE" link on the right-hand side of the following web site (note that you have to mess around with some "I am not a robot" dialogs and click through a couple of pop-up ads before the actual .zip file download link becomes available):

https://www.sittingonclouds.net/album/1546

I generally agree with all of the other posters who have been stating that the soundtrack is an excellent rendition of the Final Fantasy I tracks we all know and love. If I had to make a direct comparison, I would actually say that I generally like the Final Fantasy I Pixel soundtrack a bit better than I do the Final Fantasy I Origins soundtrack (which I added to my .mp3 collection around a year ago and also consider to be a very excellent rendition of the Final Fantasy I music themes). For people who really like these tracks, I would recommend downloading both the Pixel and Origins version, because some of the tracks are quite a bit different from one another (e.g., the Ruined/Derelict Castle theme in the Origins soundtrack is very different from the Ruined/Derelict Castle theme in the Pixel version, and you probably wouldn't want to miss either version if you are a fan of this music).

--Jay

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
3 months ago#32
Does it bother anyone else how HUGE and GIANT these menus are, compared to the sprites and / or text they have inside of them?

It took me a year+ just to get my UI to where I don't want to throw up looking at it but it looks like they didn't take more than a couple hours throwing this all together. Should they have just.. made the sprites and fonts larger to compensate or something?
Equin 2: The Warren Peace- Out now! (Demo available)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1630690

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
3 months ago#33
Thanks for that link Jay. I agree it's quite good. I liked most of the tracks, some had some excellent flourishes and embellishments that really brought out some nice details. Though I think I prefer the Origins version on a couple tracks, for example Mt. Gulg in particular didn't have the right feeling in the Remaster, and I didn't really care for this version of the Battle Theme.
L43 474/474 9/9/9/8/8/8/7/7 Int/MDef: 57/104
HDCEA: 114-109-104/51-53-46/3-4-6.5/83/43(37) Resist: Ice/(Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral

User Info: Jay_Shaw

Jay_Shaw
3 months ago#34
I prefer the Origins version of certain tracks, myself (particularly the Ruined/Derelict Castle theme, which I thought was all right in the Pixel version of the soundtrack but was one of my very favorite tracks on the Origins version of the soundtrack)....

--Jay
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone try Pixel Remaster yet?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A