• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. What's Your Play Style?
Pre_PHD_Lee 7 months ago#11
I try to keep first playthroughs more on the casual side. But I definitely gravitate towards your grinder description once the game is complete, and that description probably fits me most. In the last few years I've also enjoyed doing challenges on some of my old favorite games, which I've found to be a fun way to add new life into an old favorite.
May someday resume the quest for higher education, or else change my name here. Won't stop playing games either way.
Diamond_Dragon 7 months ago#12
I’m definitely in The Challenge Player category. I’ve played this game so many times with so many parties, it’s a great way to keep things fresh.

On new games, I’m much more casual. I like to get everything and do everything that isn’t painfully annoying. I’ll get that 100% completion rate on most games, but not usually the platinum trophy because there’s usually some obscure challenges to get that, and I avoid looking things up about games just to follow step by step instructions, yuck!
shinrano26 6 months ago#13
I'd say Grinder/Challenge Player. I don't take the grind to the extreme, and I'd rather win at low level not high, but I do want to get every treasure even if I don't need it. I also like to speak to every NPC and see every line of dialogue, even in a game I've played before. "Completionist" would be more accurate than "Grinder". Speedrunning is not for me.

In most JRPGs I'm the Magic User, but that's hard to pull off in FF1 NES/Origins. Hard, but possible - I just finished my magic-only no-spellcasting-items run of the NES version.
Lil_Bit83 3 months ago#14
Casual I guess?

I picked Red Mage, Fighter, Orko (I'm so calling him that my next playthrough) and Thief.

I've gone a lot farther then my first two playthroughs, as I beat the Wind Fiend yesterday. I do a fair bit of grinding.

Am I supposed to be level 50 before taking on the last boss? My team is only 29.
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205
SchlossRitter 3 months ago#15
No, there's usually a lot of leeway between max level and what's needed to beat a FF game. Level 29 is more than enough if you know what you're doing, which is pretty likely if you made it this far. Note that the final dungeon does have a few spots that may seem unfair if you're unlucky with encounters, but that's nothing new after you made it past the midgame pre class change dungeons.
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.
Lil_Bit83 3 months ago#16
SchlossRitter posted...
No, there's usually a lot of leeway between max level and what's needed to beat a FF game. Level 29 is more than enough if you know what you're doing, which is pretty likely if you made it this far. Note that the final dungeon does have a few spots that may seem unfair if you're unlucky with encounters, but that's nothing new after you made it past the midgame pre class change dungeons.
Thanks. Well, I think maybe I'll try to get them up to mid 30s
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205
blocky_games 3 months ago#17
Speedrunner (former single segment WR holder here), started with LLG strats (hilariously I beat the game with far lower combined levels then when I did that).

Right now the preferred single segment party is Fighter/Red Mage/Black Mage/dead, with the dead being a Thief for better early running. LLG you would do with Banestrats these days or manipulations.

There is a whole other category for battle-RNG manipulated runs but I don't do that. Part of the fun of the game is that every single segment run is like its own adventure, even if the game is on rails. Of course, most of those runs die early...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. What's Your Play Style?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A