• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone not cheat at all to beat this game?

User Info: ELQUEMANDA4

ELQUEMANDA4
10 months ago#21
I got stuck because I never saw that there was a path in Crescent Lake leading to the sages and the Canoe.
Keeland! Keeland! It's like Keelan, but with a D.
Keeland! Keeland! It's a home for you and me!

User Info: ____bob____

____bob____
6 months ago#22
The two biggest hurdles for new players are the Marsh Cave and Ice Cave. I always felt the game got easier once you got all the gear that use could use for spells/healing.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio

User Info: kalvador

kalvador
6 months ago#23
Is it considered cheating to level grind northwest of the town where you get the ship?
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
6 months ago#24
I wouldn't call that cheating. You can walk to those tiles with absolutely no manipulation or modifying of the game whatsoever. Even the remakes keep that "bug" in because it's so popular. I'd say its fair game.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 8

User Info: BareknuckleRoo

BareknuckleRoo
6 months ago#25
I think you meant northeast? Nah, there's lots of RPGs that use a similar tile based system for the overworld and have a few weird locations where specific enemies appear earlier than they're intended or appear way later than intended, usually on 1 or 2 tile segments on map edges. If you wanna grind there, go for it.

User Info: Jay_Shaw

Jay_Shaw
6 months ago#26
I used the memory save function during my most recent playthrough of the Final Fantasy Origins (Playstation) version of this game (Normal Mode), but I seem to recall beating the same version and difficulty level of the game without using (or really being aware of) this function a few years ago using a party of Fighter / Fighter / Fighter / White Mage.

I also beat this game on the NES somehow when I was growing up, but I couldn't really tell you now how I managed to do it. I know that the first time I played the game, I used a party of Fighter / Black Belt / Red Mage / Black Mage without having the faintest idea of what the different classes were good at - I played through the entire game with my Black Belt equipped with an Iron Nunchaku (and eventually the Masmune, since I thought he really needed an upgrade) because I had no idea that Black Belts in this game are actually more effective when using no weapon (I got stuck on Chaos during this playthrough and eventually gave up before succeeding on an entirely new playthrough eventually once I had obtained and read through the game's instruction manual).

--Jay

User Info: kalvador

kalvador
6 months ago#27
Sorry, I indeed meant northeast ;-) Back then, way before than the internet, me and a friend had found that spot by chance.

We played that game to death and we were even able to know how many times to press reset to generate which monsters and where they would spawn in the final dungeon. The good old days of the NES!

Back on topic, I beat Final Fantasy probably one hundred times, if not more, and I have never even cheated once.
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn

User Info: QuietStorm75

QuietStorm75
6 months ago#28
I didn't cheat, but I did get stuck in the Earth Cavern trying to go the hard way (only to realize I was going the wrong way). It's not that I was dying, but I did end up leveling up quite quickly. In fact, I died only once...until I got to Chaos. I died twice, but that's only because at one point it was easier to keep my fighter and healer alive while boosting fighter at just about every other turn.
Propaganda is propaganda, no matter its form. Most aren't aware that they themselves have succumbed to it.

User Info: Mover_of_Zigs

Mover_of_Zigs
4 months ago#29
I played through this 3 times recently on my NES Classic. The first time through was a blast. I hadn't touched the game in 20 years and had forgotten almost everything (although I wasn't exactly a seasoned expert to begin with) so I fumbled around some, but all the clues you need are in the game, and one of Matoya's brooms tells you early on how to bring up the map. If you talk to everyone and check the map occasionally to see where you haven't been yet, it's totally doable with no assistance.

Although I would recommend a guide to avoid buying glitchy spells that don't work, since that's a thing on the NES version.

Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
4 months ago#30
kalvador posted...
We played that game to death and we were even able to know how many times to press reset to generate which monsters and where they would spawn in the final dungeon. The good old days of the NES!
The good old ddays when we had time to focus on drawing maps, filling charts, and logging data. For fun, as opposed to for a job we've come to loathe.
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone not cheat at all to beat this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A