• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone not cheat at all to beat this game?
Monadobuster 1 year ago#11
BareknuckleRoo posted...
Several people you meet in towns have their dialogue change after completing dungeons or events. You've already experienced this because to get to the Kary you would've had to talk to the Sages to get the canoe, whose dialog explicitly states that you should talk to them frequently as they provide new information.

There's also the brooms in Matoya's cave who give you the hint to the in-game map function, where areas of interest are clearly marked as glowing bits.

These features meant the NES version of Final Fantasy is extremely tame as far as RPGs of the time go in terms of difficulty in having to figure out where to go next. If you don't know where to go at any given point, you'd eventually figure everything out by checking out every single point of interest on the map, and talking to people in towns now and then to see if their dialogue changed. The hardest parts of the "where to go next" exploration are:

• finding the airship, where only a couple of NPCs explicitly tell you where to use the Floater, specifically one NPC in the elven village after you obtain the Floater

• finding the caravan in the oasis, which isn't terribly hard as there's an NPC in the town beside it that tells you to look for it

• finding out where to go after beating all 4 fiends, which is directly hinted and outright told to you in multiple locations (Sky Castle's observation window, talking to the Sages in Crescent Lake after all 4 orbs are lit)

I was like 12 or 13 at the time and I didn’t really like talking to NPCs... yeah, not good for that type of game
Smash Ultimate DLC W's: Sephiroth, Sora
FFBE ID: 306, 371, 187 Currently Playing: Bravely Default II
Fei519 1 year ago#12
BareknuckleRoo posted...
There's also the brooms in Matoya's cave who give you the hint to the in-game map function, where areas of interest are clearly marked as glowing bits.

LOL i was wondering how many people missed this bit of info originally but its right there in the manual! it says brooms can talk BACKWARDS. LOL
My name is Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power?
____bob____ 1 year ago#13
I managed to beat this on my own when I was 12.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio
Fei519 1 year ago#14
Hasshiro posted...
It took some backtracking to find the spot I had overlooked (the stairs leading to the top floor of Temple of Onrac, where the mermaids live, and where the SLAB is located)

The same thing happened to me!! The girl in town tells you the dungeon has a stone slab and diamonds(equipment) which after thinking about it i found nothing of what she was talking about. It would have been nice to call the slab the rosetta stone like its referred to other places in the game.
My name is Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power?
ChaseXtreme 1 year ago#15
My friends had the game before me and later guided my progress showing me which are the best spells and armor to get. They didn't know everything though such as Ribbon protection. But would show or tell me what to do to progress.
Signature under repair
jayweck 1 year ago#16
The first time I played was on an NES I bought used with no paperwork. I went through with the default party, no maps and no instructions. I kept a log and drew maps as I went. It took me 160 hours. I've been hooked ever since. Now I have artheritis and can not play games that require dexterity. This is easily my favorite game. Thanks to this forum for all the info!
GreenMan1986 1 year ago#17
Marilith was not in the NES version. It was Kary. Changed with Origins. Don't know what version you are playing but I think the NES version is probably the hardest. You may consider this cheating?
Monadobuster 1 year ago#18
GreenMan1986 posted...
Marilith was not in the NES version. It was Kary. Changed with Origins. Don't know what version you are playing but I think the NES version is probably the hardest. You may consider this cheating?

Really now. I actually played it on the Wii so idk what version that was. Downloaded it
beege_man 1 year ago#19
The Wii version was the original NES version with zero changes. So it would have been Kary that you fought on the Wii.
L44 482/482 9/9/9/8/8/8/8/7 Int/MDef: 58/106
HDCEA: 116-111-106/51-53-46/3-4-6.5/83/43(37) Resist: Ice/(Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral
Monadobuster 1 year ago#20
beege_man posted...
The Wii version was the original NES version with zero changes. So it would have been Kary that you fought on the Wii.

Oh yeah it was probably her then. I’ve seen the Marilith translation more often.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Anyone not cheat at all to beat this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A