• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced (DC?)

User Info: Igirjei

Igirjei
2 months ago#441
Is this a known glitch? Found it in the marsh cave.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/8/2/5/AAfIedAACa_J.png
(edited 2 months ago)

Igirjei
2 months ago#442
Knightly armor isn't supposed to do that right?https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/3/3/AAfIedAACbLx.png
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: AstralEsper

AstralEsper
2 months ago#443
The door bug is a known issue. I'm using anomie's old fix for the door bug, which turns out to ameliorate but not completely fix the issue. I may or may not be able to fully fix it at some point, but as a cosmetic issue it's low priority.

As to your Fighter's 253 Evasion, it must be a rollover issue caused by the new solution for Evasion. I thought the proposal you floated of 25 + 2*AGI was a sensible idea since that would guarantee that any heavy armor wouldn't tank Evasion below zero. The thought did occur that Knightly Armor could still do that, but I reasoned that by the time any Fighter could realistically get to equip it, they'd have at least 40 Evasion, since that would only require 8 points of Agility, and Fighters start with 5. And, indeed, your Fighter has 11 Agility, giving him a baseline 25 + 2*11 = 47 Evasion.

What I failed to consider is that a Fighter wouldn't be wearing just body armor. I have to assume that you're also using Iron Gauntlets and an Iron Helmet, which each reduce Evasion by 5 points.

Knightly Armor (40) + Iron Helmet (5) + Iron Gauntlets (5) = 50 Weight.

47 Evasion - 50 Weight = -3 Evasion.

Or... 253 if your only reading a byte for positive values.

For the time being, two more points of Agility will fix the issue. For the next update, I'll have to either pick a higher constant, or tweak the formula to keep Evasion to a minimum value of zero.

Or I suppose I could change the stats of the Knightly Armor to 25 Weight and 30 Defense to be more in line with the rest of the heavy armor, and drop the price a bit.

Igirjei
2 months ago#444
Well I was wearing what you said + an Iron Shield, but removing said Iron Shield boosted it to 255, which I believe means he literally can't be hit, not like I needed to do that in the first place since he's only gotten hit once since I equipped it, but it's funny so I unequipped the shield. And tbh, as much as I would appreciate a lower price, the Knightly armor being so absurdly good but expensive and heavy kinda sets it apart from the rest of the heavy armor, not to mention the extra HP. If adjusting the formula turns out to be more trouble than it's worth, then nerfing the Knightly armor would be what I suggest.

Being at level 14 and ignoring the max evasion, I gotta say, Thieves are really good, not having nearly as much evasion early on (losing out on 9% with the Fighter, 9.5 with the WM, and 3.5% with the Thief) really does make it a lot more valuable, I've actually put my Thief up front a couple times when my Fighter's HP got low because they serve rather well as a dodge tank, and I chose the Copper Armlet over keeping Leather Armor because evasion made that much of a difference. I've noticed a little more difficulty up to this point (about to take on the vampire) simply because characters get hit more often.

Just to embarrass my party for a second, my BM almost died, by WM got down to 1 HP, and my Fighter DID die. To who? Garland... idk if he was being particularly Knockdown spammy that time or what, but stun was really beating the party down on my first attempt. That said, I really like the way evasion works now and I don't really want it to change, and I don't want Garland to be nerfed either, he deserves to have at least some kind of threatening move and Knockdown is a pretty funny way of giving him that.

I have no complaints about the stats anymore, but I still wanna know how the new ambush, turn order, and run formulas work.
(edited 2 months ago)

Igirjei
2 months ago#445
A few things, I'm really enjoying this game with this party honestly, I didn't know about a lot of the special effects and spells the equipment have, the spell equips are kinda weak but they're usable AOEs, especially for my mages who have rods equipped. Ninjas tear though enemies, especially with the Excalibur, and they're still not half bad up front. Also black magic is awesome, Scourge is fun to use (Not sure if the statuses work on bosses though), the instant death spells are surprisingly accurate, confuse is my favorite status ailment free (seems kinda broken for a L4 spell).

But uh, either it's my emulator, or Arise is kinda desperately in need of some TLC. This was against the grey golems in the chaos shrine of that helps
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/3/6/3/AAfIedAACb2b.png

Igirjei
1 month ago#446
It doesn't seem to work in battle at all actually, I tried it twice and it crashed again
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
1 month ago#447
Igirjei posted...
Is this a known glitch? Found it in the marsh cave.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/8/2/5/AAfIedAACa_J.png

This leads to the Rancor, I believe.
Equin 2: The Warren Peace- Out now! (Demo available)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1630690

User Info: dpf85

dpf85
1 month ago#448
Given a new version is out, I wanted to note a couple issues (from v1.67) that weren't noted in the list of updates. 1, the Tablature still is awarded by the last NPC in the queue before fighting the boss. 2, Not mentioned previously, but the top left overworld battles (W-NW of Waterfall) are similar to Provoka battles. This has no impact on gameplay as players have no reason to walk this part of the map. Perhaps independent, but for Zzonkmiles's Hardtype, he had a similar issue with this, wherein the last set of battles changed anywhere would be duplicated in this top left section.

I look forward to experimenting with the changes in the latest version--definitely some significant strategic impacts. Unfortunately, I won't get to this until next week at the earliest.

Igirjei
1 month ago#449
Just finished the game with a Fighter, Thief, BM, WM party, and I loved it all the way through. The majority of game played really smoothly, and I was kinda surprised at how differently the Fighter and Thief played in particular.

The Fighter is a solid source of damage and as amazing a tank as seen on TV. In the volcano, my entire party died with the exception of the Fighter, who managed to get out alive. He was the last one standing but really struggled to pull through with his bad luck and agility because of it. Still didn't die though, so A+ party member for that.

The Thief was doing amazingly too, with endgame ninja gear he was still dodging like crazy. Thanks to the gladius, black garb, and black cowl, he managed to get to 201 evasion at level 50. His RNG stats have been great all throughout, and as I said earlier, his survivability up front actually isn't half bad, he wouldn't die immediately like if I decided to put a BM up there instead, and while I definitely caught his HP going down by 300 or so before and after fights, he can hold his own pretty well, and frequently OHKOs mid-game enemies. The Fighter and Ninja's magic carried for like half of the game, I expected their spells to fall off immediately but I was gladly mistaken.

The Black Mage was wonderful With damage and AOE, but I feel like black magic, especially that of the enchanted equipment, was a tiny bit too weak and inconsistent for their damage to be considered "amazing" like the Ninja's was, and the Ninja doesn't even have the best DPS, that's the Monk that does. Ninja with the Masamune was doing more damage than Meteor. Would've done more damage than Flare too if I had it. And about the enchanted equips, Idr if the giant's gauntlets was in the OG, so I'm just gonna spoiler tag anyway. The giant's gauntlets is so much better than the Zeus gauntlets it's not even funny. And status magic becomes rather weak by endgame, hardly used it at all post game but otherwise, they work exactly as advertised and are great at wiping crowds.

White Mages are also exactly what you'd expect, they're the best defense and the worst offense. Their healing, especially with Life affinities, is amazing though enchanted equips being targetable would be really nice, I just wish their shield spells scaled a little bit with intellect in some way, because Red Mages cast half the white magic just as well as White Mages, while all of their black magic is inferior to that of a Black Mage. That's not to say that the Mages' magic wasn't helpful and at times carrying, because they were, but some of them aren't created equally.

About the things I wasn't so much a fan of, RNG instant death even with death resistance on. I get that the Claire's Ribbon exists, but that's a post game item that you should be around LV40 to get, and RNG instant death was an issue since the Chaos Shrine in the past. I believe it was Tiamat? He was doing like 400+ with an attack against my party where my Fighter just broke 500, we were at LV30. That's not RNG instant death, that particular example is just a weirdly potentially way stronger than it perhaps needed to be attack. I believe there's like a 0.5% chance of dying even with death immunity, but I've hit the 0.5% chance enough times, especially with post game enemies casting multi-target OHKO spells, occasionally my White Mage has kicked the bucket to it. Instant death was a lot more of an issue with Arise not working, but that's probably being worked on as I'm typing this.

The other thing that felt off was incredibly powerful unrunables in the chaos shrine and post-game, some of them made sense, others, were from what I could tell, the exact same encounter but I couldn't run from one of them and not the other, I believe it's the Wind Elemental encounters in Cid's Lab the fixed encounter ones were unrunable, but that was never a rule earlier, and still isn't a rule in the East Wing either.

Also, I want a second opinion, I imagine Monks kinda peak around the class promotion stage of the game. The stuff they get out of it is good, but every other class gets to do their job even better, and the mages get better weapons, the Knight and Ninja get access to magic, the Monk kinda just gets on-hit status immunity, decent magic resistance, and that's about it. Hit multipliers cap too, so I imagine he'd reach 8 hits around class change, as on my incomplete play through, he got to 6 at around the earth temple. Lmk if my theory is wrong.

But that's my complete review, I believe I already said this is the definitive version and I haven't changed my stance on this. It's FF1 but the game makes sense. Every class (besides the Red Mage obviously) has a unique role, and they it was a lot of fun going through it, can't wait for whatever else you add to it!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dpf85

dpf85
1 month ago#450
Circling back on the Zombie Dragons, the 2-4 battle in the CoO as the boss is tough but fair--much easier with some hit-all magic if one draws 4 of them. However, in the ToFR, only getting 1 Zombie Dragon for a battle is a pushover given the party strength at that point of the game. it is also out of line with the rest of the battles on this floor. In the original FF1, only the 2-4 battle was available on that floor, and I think it should be returned to this.

I finally fired up a new party to test the recent changes. My NJ/RW/WW/BW hit class change at Level 15 with no noticeable issues or drastic changes from the prior version so far. We'll see how the party handles the end-game and if their defensive stats are noticeably different from what I've perceived in prior runs.

While the access to higher-level spells at lower levels is a nice feature, my party had nowhere near enough cash to buy those spells when they earned them. I could see a party with only one spell-caster being able to buy the higher spells immediately, but the pace of earning gil from battles and chests is closer to the original spell progression. That said, I don't think it needs to be reverted as it gives players more options for how they want to fill out their spell lists. I'm in the camp of just leaving those spell charges blank for a couple levels while I accumulate gil, but others might prioritize just getting that one key spell in each level followed by back-filling the lower-level spells once gil is more plentiful.

Finally, as expected, the NW corner of the Onrac/Waterfall island still has Provoka-level monsters in this version. One could almost consider this to be the reverse PNEOP as currently coded.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced (DC?)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A