• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced (DC?)

User Info: dpf85

dpf85
2 months ago#331
My perspective on the proposed changes is in line with DD's comments.

I recently finished pushing through a NI/WW/BW/BW crew, winning the game at Level 47. I did not find any need for the supplemental healing items except for Hi-potions and Ether, mostly thanks to the combination of the WW and Sage Robe. I was unable to reproduce the Vorpal bug in limited testing, but it rarely took me long to reproduce it in earlier versions. I'll update if my next party has an issue.

The only certain bug (with no game impact) I saw was the Black Garb is spaced wrong in the item menu, most easily seen when it is in the left column of items when fighting.

I am curious what is your intended healing range for Healara and Healaga in the end-game. The former was consistently around 80HP with the latter around 160HP. This seems high, so it may be worth confirming the boosts from the Ancient Lore and equipment are working as intended.

As an open question, does anyone have an opinion on the strongest party for beating this game (with or without repeats)? I don't have an immediate opinion, which I think speaks to Astral's great accomplishment of balancing the classes.

User Info: fabio_73

fabio_73
2 months ago#332
@AstralEsper Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced v1.65 beta stream today (7/9) around 12:30PM PST.

https://www.twitch.tv/fabio_73
Classic/retro variety streamer over on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/fabio_73

dpf85
2 months ago#333
A few other notes from my latest playthrough (NI/RW/RW/BW):

• I still could not recreate the Vorpal bug, so I will consider this fixed unless I encounter something otherwise.
  • The Tablature shows up in inventory before beating the COO East boss, most likely occurring during the talking steps leading up to the boss. Parties with a RW/WW could easily skip the final COO East boss as a result by casting Exit.
  • Some combinations of Reapers and Revenants have total EXP over the 65535 cap, rolling over to a small value.
  • I might have mentioned this before, but the following sequence is permitted: Buy Fairy Jar, keep fairy in jar, fill jar with Ether, can no longer release the fairy in order to get Oxyale. Is there some way to prevent obtaining Ether until Oxyale has been obtained?
In terms of game balance, even without a White Mage in my most recent party, I have found little need for healing potions beyond regular and Hi-Potions. I don't think this is necessarily a problem, just reflective of the overall difficulty being less than what it was in earlier versions. That said, if the Sage shirt healing amounts are indeed higher than intended, then I would likely need more of those stronger potions to get through Cid's Lab and the final two dungeons.

fabio_73
2 months ago#334
@AstralEsper Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced v1.65 beta stream today (7/16) around 12:30PM PST.

User Info: vexedandready

vexedandready
2 months ago#335
I just wanted to add that my idea about Phoenix Downs was misinterpreted. I think that they should be buyable in the post-game and the player should be able to hold more than 1, also in the postgame.

It would probably take too much work to make new content, but I like the idea of having a way that players in the early game could hold one, and only one, PD for emergencies, just like Ether. They would not buyable before the usually are, and if the player went to get another one it would not be possible - players could only get one in the base game if they did not have one already. Again, just like the Ether. I just wanted to clarify the idea.

On another note, I wanted to ask if you can increase the gold cap to 9,999,999 or similar. Once I hit Skyshrine, not to mention the post-game, money poured in faster than I could convert it into... let's say various commodities.

fabio_73
2 months ago#336
@AstralEsper Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced v1.65 beta stream tomorrow (7/23) around 12:00PM PST. (Mirage Tower and Sky Castle)

dpf85
2 months ago#337
I successfully beat the game with four WWs. Surprisingly, they didn't suck! That's especially compared to a four WW run in the original game, which features plenty of Ruse-stacking and using the Bane sword to get lucky on fiends (not permitted in Rebalanced). In Rebalanced, 4 WWs actually progressed through the game at roughly the same levels as all of the other parties I've used (except 4 KN, who needed additional levels to get to and after beating Chaos). Other than the first couple levels and before the Earth Cave to raise gold (farming Mummies), I did not grind nor feel the need to grind.

• I used Hackster to create a modified copy to stat-max the WWs, essentially to save time during level-ups as I wanted to ensure any possible advantage I could give the WWs. (Most of viewing Rebalanced in Hackster is gibberish, but the classes can still be edited.)
  • The Crosier (with its supernatural/undead attack bonus) was key for 4 WMs to not have to level-up a ton before taking on the Marsh Cave/Astos. I defeated Astos at Level 10, but if Astos is supposed to be immune to Silence (recall this being true in an earlier edition), then getting past Astos might take a couple more levels.
  • Unlike other parties, I collected all available treasures in the Fire Cave, Sea Shrine, Mirage Tower, and Sky Castle before fighting Kary, Kraken, and Tiamat. I then took out Kraken at Level 24--Thor Hammer was quite useful here with its attack bonus. Kary was easily neutered and overcome at Level 25 (Holy unnecessary), and Tiamat fell at Level 26 (Regen/Wall/Holy + Ether).
  • TofR required three trips: one for the two left-side hats, one to get everything else through the Masamune, and one for Chaos. They didn't quite have enough spell charges left even with the Ether to fight Chaos after getting the Masamune at Level 30, but they were successful at Level 31. Getting the Wizard Staff to connect meant Chaos slept to his death while I unleashed a bunch of Holy spells without fear of Curaja wiping out my damage.
  • While I normally head to Cid's Lab at this point, I instead headed for COO East as those treasures meant more for 4 WWs. The first trip took the two left side treasures, and the second trip had enough spells for everything except Bahamut.
  • I tried for Claire's Ribbon next, but while the Death Machine couldn't kill anyone, the 4 WWs didn't have enough offense to overcome the Death Machine's regeneration. So, they reset and headed for the Ragnarok. Holy spells were plenty for this purpose.
  • Ragnarok in tow, they claimed the missing treasures in Cid's Lab (including Claire's ribbon). On the way to Bahamut, they hit Level 50. Bahamut fired off two early Megaflares, but Regen plus some healing spells quickly offset that damage.
  • Gladius+Giant+Ragnarok attacks were consistently around 1000 on True Chaos, and that battle was mostly uneventful and victorious.
In all, this crew only used the Ether a few times along with a handful of tents, one house at COO East, and one pure potion before they bought Esuna. Not a single healing potion was used. In key battles, once their defenses were up, enemies couldn't do fast enough damage to offset any healing spells/Regen. The only question was whether the WWs could do enough damage to win the battle versus create a stalemate, especially against regenerating enemies.

As for some of the late-game equipment, I have some thoughts on accessibility which could serve as minor thematic upgrades:

• It would seem like a normal fit to have the healing helm equip-able by the RW and/or WW given they can cast Esuna.
  • Given its magic defense purpose, the Force Shield seems like it should be a further option for the WW or BW. The absorb decrease makes it situational for the KN/NI, so I'd recommend either increasing its absorb or letting one or both of the other wizards wear it.
  • Ninjas had access to nunchucks in the original game. Adding the option here would make the Mythril Nunchucks a consideration in the mid-game and add another option in the end-game with the Force Nunchucks. Compared to other weapons at this stage, though, the Force Nunchucks might be too overpowered for the Ninja.
Other potential rollover issues are with the Pirate and Astos battles in the COO East. The Pirate battle seems weird to only be worth a few hundred experience, and the Astos battle is only worth 1-2 thousand (I forget off the top of my head).

Finally, I agree having some option to roll past 999,999 gold would be appreciated. Most of my groups hit this maximum before getting the Ancient Lore, and some groups raise over $1M going through the COO East. If a 7th digit isn't possible, just letting the front digit go hex to F99,999 should be sufficient.

User Info: LeviathanMist

LeviathanMist
2 months ago#338
Final Fantasy Rebalanced: The gift that keeps on giving.

I will be starting a run of this on my Twitch and Dlive channel in August. Hopefully I won't struggle with it like last time I tried.

User Info: vexedandready

vexedandready
2 months ago#339
I just wanted to say that dpf is a madman for trying that. I admire his chutzpah, but I know that I would find such a playthrough frustrating. I've thought about doing a two WW/two BW all-spells run, but I find magic-heavy parties to be harder in this game, at least through the main game.

I will also add that I agree with the three last bullet point recommendations that dpf made as well, especially the second and third. I've had those same thoughts myself.

User Info: CrashGordon94_

CrashGordon94_
2 months ago#340
Been reading up a little on this, though not gone through the whole thread.

Certainly sounds interesting, I might try this in the future!
Aspiring Streamer: https://www.twitch.tv/crashgordon94/
If you're interested in this, join my server about it! https://discord.gg/5gXWcVG
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy Restored & Rebalanced (DC?)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A