• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. FFThreaded 2: The Astos Crown Affair

User Info: Bubbleboots

Bubbleboots
1 week ago#321
My item purchases from Elfland before I started my trek to Marsh Cave don't seem to be reflected in the team info screen. I do have them, right? 2 Cabins, and heals and pures?

Run from this fight and continue to the Marsh Cave area.

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
1 week ago#322
[I'm a little confused as to how Ruby could be so far behind in XP. According to the sheets Ruby needs 5461 for L8 and the others are already L8. Looking back I see a total of maaaaaybe 4k experience that Ruby missed while dead (but likely closer to 3k or 3.5k). Am I missing something? As a semi-related note, should my battle I just beat have been stolen by a Lightning? I'm having trouble keeping track of all the lightnings, but it seems like perhaps there was a new one?]

*Continue previous commands
L39 423/423 9/9/8/8/7/7/7/6 HP8 Pa3 Int/MDef: 53/96
HDCEA: 106-101-96/49-51-44/3-4-6.5/82/46(37) Resist: (Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral

User Info: gameenjoyer

gameenjoyer
1 week ago#323
It didn't even occur to me that somebody might decide to lightning my GrOgre/Ogre x 2 battle. Congratulations goat on coming over to the dark side and being willing to use that which you hate so much. :)

I guess it's just hard for me to judge what's honorable or not in a game where you can directly target other players? Like in Mario Kart is it dishonorable to take someone out with a turtle?

No. It's part of the game. If they really want to know if you are going to, though, all they have to do is look at your half/corner of the screen, or, actually, I think most of those games actually tell you when there's an item coming up on you.

Lightning bombards will basically have diminishing returns the further we go. 1/10 of a L5 spell isn't as big a deal as 1/2 of a L3. The L3 is a much bigger upgrade at this point in the game to give someone the ability to murder groups of enemies than the L5 is to make it just a little more efficient. Same with levels. 800xp will level you faster now than it will later.

Not true. The further we get into the game, the more lucrative the battles being stolen will be, in most cases, unless people near endgame are purposely going to airship to Coneria to fight Imps every time a Lightning is unleashed despite the AP cost to do so.

Commands remain the same.

User Info: FalxXD

FalxXD
1 week ago#324
Continue
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/573081-hellhole/74877027. -worth it!
Official Simon Belmont of Smash Ultimate boards.

User Info: des223

des223
1 week ago#325
Heh, I didn't remember purchasing FIR2. Thanks for setting me straight, @fsablazingsoul !

Commands:
- Talk to Matoya, get the HERB, leave the Cave.

- Walk to my boat, using the same commands as before:
-- If a character is poisoned, use a Pure Potion on the character outside of battle.
-- If a character is more than 32 HP from max, have Dos cast CURE on that character outside of battle.
-- Strategy for each enemy formation faced while walking from Matoya's Cave to the northern dock:
--- Any formation with a MADPONY, GrWOLF, OGRE, or GrOGRE: Everyone runs.
--- Else: Uno, Dos, and Tres each pick a different enemy to attack, and continue attacking until all enemies are dead.

- Board the ship, heading to Elfland's dock.
-- If a character is poisoned, use a Pure Potion on the character outside of battle.
-- If a character is more than 32 HP from max, have Dos cast CURE on that character outside of battle.
-- Strategy for each enemy formation faced at sea:
--- SAHAG (no Roberto or OddEYE): Uno and Tres attack different SAHAGs. Dos casts LIT2 if there are more than 3 SAHAGs to start the battle; else he attacks a different SAHAG than Uno and Tres. Repeat until all are dead.
--- SAHAG/OddEYE: Dos casts LIT2. Uno and Tres attack different OddEYEs if there are 2 of them; else they attack the same OddEYE. Uno and Tres continue attacking OddEYEs until they are all dead, then they attack separate SAHAGs until they are all dead. (Uno and Tres will only get to attack SAHAGs if Dos is paralyzed by an OddEYE. Likewise, all enemies are dead if Dos casts LIT2, so that will be the only action Dos needs.)
--- Everything else: Everyone runs.

- Walk to Elfland's Castle.
-- Strategy for each enemy formation faced:
--- ASP: Uno attacks one ASP, Dos/Tres team up against the other if it exists. Everyone attacks the last remaining ASP. Continue attacking until all enemies are dead.
--- WOLF (with no GrWOLF): Everyone attacks different WOLFs until they are all dead. If only two WOLFs remain, have Dos/Tres attack the same WOLF.
--- ARACHNID (no more than 2 at once): Uno attacks one ARACHNID, Dos/Tres attack the other. All team up to attack the remaining ARACHNID if only one remains. Continue attacking until all enemies are dead.
--- Everything else (including ARACHNID formations with 3-4 enemies, for example): Everyone runs.
If there were college degrees in 8-bit Nintendo, I'd have a Ph.D. by now.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Amo387

Amo387
1 week ago#326
gameenjoyer posted...
Not true. The further we get into the game, the more lucrative the battles being stolen will be

It is true. Relatively speaking, it won't be as lucrative. Even though enemies might give more, but levels take more xp to get. So stealing 800xp now is 1/5 of what's required to go from level 10 to 11. 3000xp later is only 1/10 what it takes to go from 28 to 29.

It would be better for me to make you start a fight with reduced hp, or fight a WarMech, get ambushed by really strong stuff, etc, than to steal your xp.
LV38 Jud 573hp 7Hi 3PN 2PU 9/8/8/8/7/6/6/0 612880xp 313305G
Hit/Dmg/Eva/Abs = 138/60/69/53 (Topic 169 #25) There is no irl, just afks.

User Info: SchlossRitter

SchlossRitter
1 week ago#327
ow ow ow
That went about as expected, except I didn't expect it to take 3+ Fighter attacks to take them down. And of course the only crit came at the end on one that had already been hit three times, plus turn order shenanigans had me take one more hit the final round. Well, at least there were no casualties despite their best efforts against my RM.

Grab CROWN.

CUR2 Ragnar; if still at <100 HP then swap slots with Yangus.
Heal Potion on Pankraz.
Heal Potion on RM.

Beeline for exit.
Use Pure Potions outside battle.
Flee from everything runnable.
Heal any <75 HP.
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.

User Info: Qazitory

Qazitory
1 week ago#328
Continue to Elfland, looking over our shoulders at the teams catching up...

User Info: goatfishman

goatfishman
1 week ago#329
*Every round, Guy casts Cure on Poisoned RM until out of charges, then joins dogpile
*RM casts ICE on Ogre, BB's attack until dead.
*Move onto CREEPS from top to bottom, RM sticks with ICE, then moves down to FIRE, unless he's under 17HP, at which point he casts CURE on self, BB's attack.
*Go into Elfland, Buy and apply Pure.
*Inn Stay
*Buy Cur2 for Guy

(I will not have the AP to do all this.)
Lvl 27: 369/369hp, 250403xp, 9343g (Lvl 14: 75/75hp, 12/12mp
9/7/7/6/6/5/4/2, 9Heal, 0Pure, (2888gp, 6508xp, herb, herb, antidote, invis herb)

User Info: gameenjoyer

gameenjoyer
1 week ago#330
goatfishman, you may want to specify that you mean a Pure Potion so fsa doesn't decide to be mean and have one of your mages drop 4000 on the PURE spell. :)

Amo, you are probably correct that the rate of inflation for level-ups will outpace the rate of inflation of battle rewards, now that I think about it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. FFThreaded 2: The Astos Crown Affair
  • Post New Message