• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. you know, when a game allows only 4 characters per name

User Info: masuda

masuda
3 months ago#11
I usually choose my and my friends' names, which all can be fitted into 3-4 chars. Or names from other ff games, like Leon, Kain, Yang, Butz, Tina, Lock, Tifa, Red, Cait, Vivi, Yuna

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#12
I like to pick common Swedish names in some of my playthroughs:

Fighter - "Sven"
Thief - "Erik"
White Mage - "Eva"
Black Mage - "Lars"
...OR at least, that's what I think.

User Info: SchlossRitter

SchlossRitter
3 months ago#13
I like using canon or "official" names, so for this game at least once:
BORS
LEE
JED
TOTH
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#14
I think that I once used the name "Ryan" for Fighter, and "Owen" for Black Mage - "Ryan" sounds like a noble soldier, and "Owen" sounds like a slightly unusual and "dark" name, so it fit Black Mage very well.
I am not sure which other 4-letter names that I should pick for the other characters so that they actually feel fitting.
I remember that I once used the name "Elia" for White Mage, but then I realised that White Mage is a man in this game.
"Lynn" might work, though, it has a "bright" and "shining" feel to it, kind of like Elia, and according to a name site that I checked a while ago that name can apparently be used for men.

I have also considered "Paul" for the Black Belt.
...OR at least, that's what I think.

User Info: Diamond_Dragon

Diamond_Dragon
3 months ago#15
I don't think there's any gender assigned to the heroes in this game, although I'm sure at the time it was made the assumption was that they are all male. Still, I refer to the white mage as a female and give her more feminine names. Dawn is my favorite name for her since it refers to bringing the light. So then naturally I go with Dusk for the black mage who brings the darkness, or black magic.

Rygr (Rygar) is my fighter since I think it sounds knightly. Vain is my black belt since it refers to physical anatomy which a martial artist has some knowledge of to target weak spots and generate power.

I still don't have a thief or red mage name I like. Maybe someday i will, it's only been what? almost 30 years I've played this game. No need to rush things.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. you know, when a game allows only 4 characters per name
  • Topic Archived