You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Does this game care about elemental weaknesses?

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#11
Diamond_Dragon posted...
Yeah, casting AFIR is generally not the way to go. Having fire resistant armor in the ice cave however is a handy indeed.

I usually have the White Mage spam any buff spells that I have access to when he has nothing else to do, such as AFIR, AICE, ALIT, INV2, FOG2 etc, whatever seems logical to use for a given battle (I usually ignore the spell INV2 since I can use it for free as much as I want when I get the White Shirt, so I can get SOFT, EXIT and FOG2 without missing out on it).

Yay?
...OR at least, that's what I think.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Diamond_Dragon

Diamond_Dragon
3 months ago#12
AFIR uses the same spell level as HRM2 though, so that's much better for undead hoards most of the time.

Also, SOFT isn't really worth 20,000 G (=25 SOFT Potions), since you probably only need a SOFT a handful of times in the game, not to mention what if it's your WM that gets turned to stone? INV2 allows you to cast that and have another non-mage use the White Shirt. Kinda nice for Kraken2 when that first round could be the death of a character if you don't get the defense up quick enough. FOG2 does work well against Kraken though I suppose.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Does this game care about elemental weaknesses?