You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Nintendo Mini Final Fantasy armor bug

User Info: Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion
3 months ago#1
I’m playing on one of those new small Nintendo’s, and I’m looking up all the info on armor and I don’t think my game is working properly.

I’m able to equip multiple cuirasses on one character, which apparently there’s supposed to be ‘slots’ for each armor spot? I can just put 4 chest pieces on one guy. Further more, each of my characters have wildly different gear on, and they’re all the same class, but they all show 0 for absorb and the same 61% for avoidance. Is this how it’s suppose to be?

User Info: Shadow_FF6

Shadow_FF6
3 months ago#2
FF1 was pretty buggy, but not that buggy. Maybe it allows you to equip multiple items in the same armor slot, but it doesn't know how to handle it. How is your Absorb when you only equip one chest piece, one hand item, one helmet, and one shield?
`/\ |\ | | \ `-|- `|_| |-_|) |-_`|` `|` |)
/--\ | \| | / ` | `|` | |_ |\ |_` |__| ` |\

User Info: Primus_Ultimas

Primus_Ultimas
3 months ago#3
Sounds like you bought a bunch of armor and didn't equip it. The identical stats on multiples of same class despite different gear is the giveaway.
All GMs dream of the day that they convince their players that the best course of action is to kill each other just to see what happens. ~DarthCansupes

User Info: ELQUEMANDA4

ELQUEMANDA4
3 months ago#4
I'd say Primus is correct, yes. Each character can carry 4 different weapons and 4 different armor items. However, you can only equip one weapon and one armor of each slot (so for example, you can equip both armor and a shield, but you can't have a bracelet and armor equipped at the same time). The reason for this is that some equipment, generally found from the midgame onward, casts useful spells when used in battle, so you'll want to fill whatever you don't use for equipment with them. Check the FAQs if you want more detailed descriptions of each item, or you can try them out yourself.
"I'm sorry, but since I posted first, you are canonically a cat now."

User Info: KingRamz

KingRamz
3 months ago#5
Yeah, having the character hold the armor isn't enough. If you are looking at the armor screen, equipped items will have "E -" in front, if I remember correctly.

User Info: Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion
3 months ago#6
KingRamz posted...
Yeah, having the character hold the armor isn't enough. If you are looking at the armor screen, equipped items will have "E -" in front, if I remember correctly.

That's my problem, thank you so much. It seemed like I was getting brutalized in every fight and I didn't remember the game being this hard. Surprised I made it as far as I did.

This also probably explains why I only do 1-2 damage on melees. Lucky I picked red mages for spellcasting or I'd have quit long ago.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: KingRamz

KingRamz
2 months ago#7
Yeah, if your weapon is equipped when you do a melee attack, you will see the character swing the weapon. If just their hand flashes, they're playing with Slappers Only.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Nintendo Mini Final Fantasy armor bug