You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age

User Info: Shadow_FF6

Shadow_FF6
1 month ago#11
Interesting, but it's a pretty big overhaul. It's the kind of thing I'd enjoy more if I played the game as it exists to death. I'm really a big fan of the design philosophy behind Astrals FF Rebalanced. I like mods to finish the polish on a game more than overhaul.

Besides, it removes the job selection, which is the coolest thing about Zodiac Age. I'd rather have a mod which balances things around the dual job system.

It doesn't help that I don't have the PC version of TZA. I probably will someday though, and maybe I'll give this one a try sometime ^_^ I'm not opposed to overhaul mods, after all.

EDIT: Oh, looking at the mod on Nexus Mods, it looks like it also allows you to run rebalanced 12 boards, as well as the original job boards. That makes this mod sound a lot more up my alley. Perhaps I'll be picking up 12 for PC after all. Though I do still have plenty of FF14 to keep me occupied for now, but I am quite tempted...
`/\ |\ | | \ `-|- `|_| |-_|) |-_`|` `|` |)
/--\ | \| | / ` | `|` | |_ |\ |_` |__| ` |\
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Rikiaz

Rikiaz
1 month ago#12
Shadow_FF6 posted...
Interesting, but it's a pretty big overhaul. It's the kind of thing I'd enjoy more if I played the game as it exists to death. I'm really a big fan of the design philosophy behind Astrals FF Rebalanced. I like mods to finish the polish on a game more than overhaul.

Besides, it removes the job selection, which is the coolest thing about Zodiac Age. I'd rather have a mod which balances things around the dual job system.

It doesn't help that I don't have the PC version of TZA. I probably will someday though, and maybe I'll give this one a try sometime ^_^ I'm not opposed to overhaul mods, after all.

EDIT: Oh, looking at the mod on Nexus Mods, it looks like it also allows you to run rebalanced 12 boards, as well as the original job boards. That makes this mod sound a lot more up my alley. Perhaps I'll be picking up 12 for PC after all. Though I do still have plenty of FF14 to keep me occupied for now, but I am quite tempted...

I just bought a gaming PC and I'm just waiting for my case to put it together and FFXII TZA with that mod (the rebalanced 12 jobs version) is going to be the first game I playthrough on it. Absolutely love the game. Probably my favorite FF game tbh.
From the depths, the thing they called Worm King did rise.
Nirn itself did scream in the Mages' and Necromancers' war.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age