• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy Dynamics 160: (Tia)matters Of Scathing Aerial Importance

User Info: gameenjoyer

gameenjoyer
2 months ago#491
We can take Jack's airship to Pravoka from Crescent Lake if those in town and those who are warping there want to go that route. Or we can take someone's boat from the dock east of town to the port southeast of Pravoka if that's the consensus. I am not particular either way, and the wanting to stay away from Doomgaze argument makes a lot of sense.

Edit: tori, go ahead and check when you get a chance as to whether Jack has paid you back yet. If he hasn't, I will definitely get that cared for since I should have that amount of money now.

Also, Qazitory, sorry I missed your bringing it up whenever you did, but yes, I do want it back at some point so I don't forget about it. No huge hurry, though.

Oh, and I am definitely in agreement with the idea of not warping directly into the middle of Pravoka.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Amo387

Amo387
2 months ago#492
[There's no guarantee the dragons you'll run into in Pravoka will only be what was there at the very end of the event. I actually expect there to be more.

You also have multiple White Mages likely going who have a variety of spells to give resistance to elements, including Spiralex who has WALL.]
LV34 Jud 508hp 4Hi 2H 3PN 2PU 9/8/8/7/6/6/4/0 487311xp 176017G
Hit/Dmg/Eva/Abs = 126/58/66/53 (Topic 160 #31) There is no irl, just afks.

User Info: DarthCansupes

DarthCansupes
2 months ago#493
[Next update will be Monday! I'll be putting up the next topic momentarily.]

Simon

He'd gained his revenge - freed himself from the curse - but the weakness lingered. No longer was he the barbaric powerhouse that all men respected and all creatures feared, instead his body had become frail and his mind confused. He'd lost time, he knew that. Not even sure where he was in these unfamiliar lands, Simon wandered, city melting into wilderness into yet another city he didn't know. Gone were his weapons... everything he had.

But he still had his duty. His obligation. To be the light that shone against the darkness, the paragon who would ensure that all who followed in his lineage would succeed just as he had in the eternal hunt.

Thunder cracked as rain poured outside the cave he'd taken for shelter. His small campfire was just enough to keep him warm, but he didn't dare venture outside until the storm let up. The cold rain out there might well freeze him to death, bereft of protection as he was.

This art called "magic" the people of these lands practiced intrigued him. With his body failing him he'd turned to his mind. Even a bit addled as he was, he'd found himself drawn to what they called "white magic." The power to heal, to protect, and most importantly to annihilate the undead. It had called to him, and he'd found he had an aptitude for it. Some formal training might help, but even now he could handle the basics - and something a bit more potent.

A stirring from deeper in the cave roused Simon from his thoughts. The unnaturally-moving bodies immediately told him what he was dealing with. He'd enjoy this…

Draculaa = Simon, Lvl1 White Mage 28HP
Str/Agi/Int/Vit/Luk = 5/5/15/10/5
Hit/Dmg/Eva/Abs = 5/8/49/11
Gear = Wooden [St]//Cloth/Cap/Gloves
Max SP = 2/0/0/0/0/0/0/0
Magic: / / / / HRM3 / / /
Inventory:
Resistances: F/I/L/E = / / /
0XP, 0g

[You may select two L1 spells from CURE/RUSE/FOG/HARM for Simon to begin with. You also have one free shot of HRM3 per day until learning your first L4 spell.]

[GHOUL12 ZOMBIE remain.]

Gaia

Waylon rests at the inn (250g)
Romulus: Casts Warp to take himself and Selene to Melmond

[Insert Selene's excellent RP here]

Selene buys a house in Pyren's name (10000g)
Selene: Casts Time to preserve the house
Romulus & Selene rest in the house [one-time use before the deed is signed over, Romulus didn't have enough charges to get you back to Gaia]
Romulus: Casts Warp to return himself and Selene to Gaia

Romulus was unable to locate Keeo in Gaia. He had seemingly vanished from the town. He decided to head out of town to blow off some steam, and was joined by Waylon [I've added Selene here as well, she can back out of the random if so inclined].

[Waylon 552/552, Selene 422/422 9/8/7/7/6/5/5/4/1, Romulus 435/435 9/8/7/6/4/5/4/3]
[TROLL1234 remain.]

Kojak wanted to do some hunting as well, but away from the others.

[Milla 248/248, Kojak 607/607]
[WYRM12 remain.]

Crescent Lake

Kronoan: 3-Hits 229-Damage against HYDRA2. Terminated. Bearserk!
HYDRA1: 3-Hits 3-Damage against Nielic
Nielic: 4-Hits 219-Damage against HYDRA1. Terminated.
Victory: Party members gain 915 experience and 150 gold
[Nielic 619/624 9/9/9/9/0/0/0/0, Kronoan 519/519]

[You have reached Crescent Lake and may enter commands as you wish. See Pravoka Liberation Army below for more.]

Ramza arrived in town [see Pravoka Liberation Army] with the others coming from the Dark Elven Village, but was reluctant to join them in assaulting Pravoka. While he considered his options, he went on a little training excursion outside town.

[Ramza 434/437]
[PEDE12 remain.]

DarthCansupes
2 months ago#494
The Ship

Xscorpion: Critical! 4-Hits 516-Damage against CHIMERA1. Terminated.
CHIMERA2: Casts CREMATE for Renquist-22 Xscorpion-16 Max-26
Renquist: Casts Ice3 for CHIMERA2-290 IMP-222. IMP terminated.
Max: 1-Hit 20-Damage against CHIMERA2. Terminated.
Cursed Ring: Xscorpion Confused
Regen: Xscorpion 24
Victory: Party members gain 1378 experience and 1668 gold
[Renquist 496/518 9/8/8/7/7/6/4/0, Xscorpion 498/498 Conf, Max 316/342 8/6/6/6/5/4/3/0/1]

[Renquist joins XScorpion, Obsidian, and Dano in the exclusive 500k Club!]

The Ship lifted off and sped southward to the Dark Elven Village. As they arrived, another group was in the process of departing to look into clearing the ruins of Pravoka of its dragon infestation.

[You are in the Dark Elven Village and may enter commands as you wish. Your arrival coincides with the departure of the others so if you change up and want to help the Pravoka team, you can do so.]

Circle of Sages

Spiralex took the dagger and turned its blade pointing towards his left armpit, getting a good look at its edge. He took a few steps while doing so, ending with a lean against the room's door, which happened to then shut.

He spoke, facing the dagger's edge. As he did so, the small note dropped to the floor from his right hand, which delved into a suit pocket. The Rod leaned in the crook of his arm.

"All the things you try to hide..."

He looked up at Pogs and Lukahn, grinned, and slapped something over his own mouth from his right suit pocket.
And his left hand pulled in and... up. Hard.

Spiralex: Smite! Critical! 3-Hits 491-Damage against Spiralex. REAPED.

The thick black tape stopped the involuntary scream.

Pogs and Lukahn blinked at the paradox of Spiralex's left arm severing itself from his body. Then sprang forward to act. But Spiralex met their eyes with an urgent shake of his head, then glared intensely at the small note he'd dropped even as he swiftly bled out.

Pogs grabbed the note first and held it up so he and the sage could read its neat block lettering. It began with an ellipsis.

...WILL BE REVEALED ON THE OTHER SIDE.
GIVE ME, OH, LET'S SAY 7.4 MINUTES.

And Spiralex died.

[Spiralex 0/499 9/8/4/7/6/5/5/3, Pogs 425/447]

Black Sand

He pushed himself up from the familiar dune. Still not used to how much that hurts.

Thrusting a pulsing left hand full of black sand into a pocket, Spiralex stood and scanned the desolate area. If Pogs and Lukahn were right, whatever was sealed in the dagger should be... ah.

A figure, not far away. Spiralex glided towards it, Rod in right hand, thoughts booming loud.

DR. POGSWORTHIAN, I PRESUME.

I'M NOT WHO YOU'D EXPECT. BUT I'M WHO YOU GET.

THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU ARE... OUT THERE, DEBATING HARD. CONTEMPLATING WITH TREPIDATION THE POSSIBLE END OF THEIR EXISTENCE IN YOUR NAME - TO FREE YOU. THE WORLD'S OFF-KILTER. THEY THINK YOU COULD HELP.

IT'S ALL VERY NOBLE. ALL VERY INTERESTING. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT'S MORE INTERESTING? ANSWERS.

I WON'T BE HERE LONG. NOW'S YOUR CHANCE. STAY SILENT, AND I'LL HAVE TO TELL THEM NOT TO LET YOU OUT ANYTIME SOON.

SO.

WHO ARE YOU PART OF, REALLY?
HOW AND WHY DID YOU COME HERE?
IF THE REST OF YOU - OR ANOTHER OF YOU - WERE HERE NOW... WHAT WOULD YOU TELL THEM?
AND IF YOU WANT ME AS YOUR ADVOCATE... WHY SHOULD I BE SO?

The sand settled in his pocket as he awaited a response.

DarthCansupes
2 months ago#495
Black Sand (cont.)

The figure turned to Spiralex. It was indeed Pogs, although looking a bit older. Gruffer, perhaps. Surprisingly, recognition flashed across his face. "S-Sarda?" he asked. "How are you making your voice do that?"

LET'S ADD ANOTHER QUESTION, THEN. HOW DO YOU KNOW SARDA?

"Guess you're not, then," Laszlo muttered. "He's a wizard. I ran a few errands for him, if he needed something I usually knew where to find it. This is cute, though, your routine here. Those who care about me, huh? Pretty rich. There's no one who cares about me. What happened, did my shell finally figure out who he is? Must have, if you're telling the truth. Well, pal, I'm gonna tell you everything you wanna hear if there's a shot at you telling him to put me back in the land of the living. What do I have to lose, right?"

He sighed. "My name is Laszlo Pogsworth, the Light Warrior. But you already knew that," he grinned. "I 'came here' - nice euphemism - when my soul was ripped from my body by a psychotic witch named Matoya. She claimed I was too early, whatever that's supposed to mean. Fed me a lot of claptrap about how I'd be there when the time was right and how important it was for the world's destiny."

AND YOU WENT ALONG WITH THIS?

Laszlo laughed. "No, man, she had me paralyzed with eight different kinds of poison and strapped down to a slab at the time. So, what would I tell my shell if he was here and not you? Beware of pretty girls buying you drinks."

ANYTHING MORE SUBSTANTIVE?

"Yeah," Laszlo said quietly. "Yeah, there is. Don't open the capsule. Don't let them take Flora. Don't go to Mysidia. And do not, I repeat do not, look in the pinnacle of the tower. I don't know what it all means, but it's been running through my head this whole time, an imperative that won't go away. So I figure, it must be important. Advocate for me or don't. Your choice." He sounded very tired now. "I'd rather be set free. But it's been a long time, man. My shell must have a full life of his own by now. Longer than the one I had by my count, but it's hard to keep track here. Better at least, I hope. And I... I was no saint. But given the choice, yeah, I'd still want to take my life back. So... anything else?"

Championship Opportunity

Jack: "ShoryNUKEn!" Turbocasts Nuke for BALLISTA-345. Terminated… 2… 3! [L4 L4]
Victory: Party members gain 250 experience and 2500 gold
[Jack 326/392 3/0/1/4/3/2/3/0]

A raucous ovation from the crowd filled the air as Jack claimed victory. Shortly thereafter, it seemed the festivities had come to an end for the day as the audience began to depart.

"Not bad, kid," Jhians Ena told Jack. "Next time, make sure you let them know what music to play for you, though. It's real important." Jack nodded - he didn't see how it was, but Ena seemed to know the ropes.

In the meantime, though, it appeared quite a few Light Warriors were arriving in Crescent Lake. What was going on?

[You are in Crescent Lake and may enter commands as you wish. See Pravoka Liberation Army below for more.]

Intermediate Magic School

Faust: Casts Cur3 on Faust for 92 HP
SlyShark: Critical! 4-Hits 148-Damage against SAGE
SAGE: 1-Hit 104-Damage against SlyShark
[SlyShark 120/287 Fast Amut Afir 7/6/5/3/3/0/0/0, Faust 231/323 Afir 8/6/5/4/2/3/2/0]
[SAGE remains.]

"The Circle is the unending line, the beginning and end of all knowledge," Ostaros said. "It's not just a marketing slogan, my friend. There are spells known here that no one else knows."

He smiled.

"Perhaps a demonstration…" and he began to chant his next spell.

DarthCansupes
2 months ago#496
Ferry Trip

Undine: 3-Hits 186-Damage Drain against TROLL1. Terminated.
TROLL2: 3-Hits 9-Damage against Undine
ZomBULL: 1-Hit 1-Damage against Pyren
Pyren: 4-Hits 241-Damage against ZomBULL. Terminated.
[Autobattle]
Undine: 3-Hits 223-Damage Drain against TROLL2. Terminated.
Victory: Party members gain 1146 experience and 1146 gold
[Pyren 633/644, Undine 360/360 9/8/8/7/5/5/4/0]

Finally making it to Crescent Lake, Undine looked around for Spiralex. It turned out her hunch was correct and the fashionista was in town, but word was he and Pogs had been seen going to meet with one of the sages. She could wait around… try to just bust in on the meeting... or join up with this group that just warped into town and was running around telling everyone they were going to go kill all the dragons in Pravoka. It certainly wasn't the highest priority on her list, but it did carry the greatest potential for wholesale slaughter.

[You have reached Crescent Lake and may enter commands as you wish. See Pravoka Liberation Army below for more.]

Through the Mists of Time Blight

ELDER2: Casts Fast on ELDER2
Sorrell: Escaped!
ELDER1: Casts Ice3 for Rocco-70 Dano-65 Arithon-139
Arithon: Uses Garnet. Summons Phoenix. Casts Rebirth for ELDER1-31 ELDER2-25 Rocco-Lif3 Dano-Lif3 Arithon-Lif3
Dano: Stunned
Rocco: Recovers!
[Rocco 347/642 Sabr Lif3, Dano 309/521 Lif3 Stun 9/8/4/5/4/6/3/0, Arithon 43/365 Lif3 9/8/8/6/7/1/5/5/0]
[ELDER12 remain.]

Terrified, Sorrell ran for cover. His spells had been sealed away and just one spell from these things had nearly killed him. He had to hope the others would hold out…

[Sorrell 63/275 Mute 9/6/6/3/4/2/3/1]

Pravoka Liberation Army

Obsidian: Casts Warp to take himself, Ramza, Guy, Falx, and Keelan to Crescent Lake
[Ramza 434/437, Obsidian 408/409 9/8/8/8/2/6/6/6, Guy 476/476 9/8/8/6/7/5/4/5, Falx 339/339, Keelan 313/314 9/7/6/6/5/4/1/0]

A large contingent of Light Warriors descended upon Crescent Lake, intending to use it as a staging ground for an assault on the dragons that had wiped out Pravoka. A world away in Gaia, several others also felt the time had come to avenge the deaths inflicted upon the port city.

I'm seeing the following characters as having expressed interest in doing this:

Crescent Lake: Obsidian, Guy, Falx, Keelan, Jack, Kronoan, Nielic, Undine
Gaia: Romulus, Waylon, Selene?, Kojak (I believe the group so far would qualify as large enough)

You can approach this in any manner you wish:

- Land via walking from Coneria or parking an airship some distance away and walking to the town
- Sea via boats sailing to the dock
- Air via airships/dragon mounts landing right outside town
- WARP

Note that in any option the max party size is still eight (Milla does count towards this due to simulator limits). More can take part but you'll need to form separate parties. No matter how many parties you form, multiple parties can still use the same approach method, they might just have to use separate vessels.

Any groups using WARP to go to Pravoka will not have the option of any prebattle commands, whether it be equipment switching, healing, or anything else. If you WARP into Pravoka you will immediately be in combat. All other approach methods do carry the risk of random encounters en route.

[Success here will not restore the town but it will open up options for doing so. I will caution you the dragons that destroyed the city have called all their friends over for a big townwarming party. Expect a challenging fight!]
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Kronoan

Kronoan
2 months ago#497
Kronoan takes as many people as can fit on his Boat Bear Claw and takes a Sea approach to Pravoka.
Blue's Info - https://anotepad.com/notes/yxj8bn Kronoan's Info - https://anotepad.com/notes/bpxif5 I Like Swords! Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

User Info: XScorpion

XScorpion
2 months ago#498
I'll grab a longbow
39S/58A/26I/21V/69L
118H-133H/57D-29D/92E/38A

User Info: Draculaa

Draculaa
2 months ago#499
*Simon learned Cur1 and Hrm1!*

Simon used the free shot of HRM3.As he was using it. He wondered why the world of Gaia/Corneria (For lack of better words) suffered from undead attack like Europe was. Upon bringing tranquillty to the undead he then went into Corneria to gain some answers and glory...

User Info: ZeroType-X

ZeroType-X
2 months ago#500
Auto-Attack, Target PEDE2 first.

RP to come in Topic 161!
YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQRALHmG6rcsHxUfTDqz8gw
Current Games: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Final Fantasy Dynamics 160: (Tia)matters Of Scathing Aerial Importance
  • Topic Closed