• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Loving Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type!

User Info: madspunky

madspunky
3 months ago#41
So much fun reading this!
Final Fantasy Ultra Champion Edition, my ultra hack of the original Final Fantasy:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3067/

User Info: Diamond_Dragon

Diamond_Dragon
3 months ago#42
All caught up. This is really great to read. I haven't played FFZz in a while, so it's a nice trip down memory lane. I do want to play this again sometime.

I like your rationale behind your choices and your explanations of what you're guessing will happen. The only moment I cringed so far was when you seemed so easy to part with a spell casting item. As mentioned, i also hang on to all of them until I'm forced to drop one to carry a new one.

Not a spoiler I think, and maybe i have the wrong hack in mind, but doesn't the Antidote/PURE potion restore more than just poison? Might want to experiment with that.

Have fun! I'll be reading and enjoying even if I don't comment a lot.

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
3 months ago#43
I am feeling motivated again after reading this. Does anyone have any ideas for a new kind of challenge run I could make with this game? Here’s what I know I’ve done so far:

4 Fighters
4 Thieves
4 Black Belts
4 RMs
4 WMs
4 BMs
No class change
A trio
No “best” spells

What else could I do that would (reasonably) push me to the limit?
PSN/YT: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

User Info: Shadow_FF6

Shadow_FF6
3 months ago#44
Maybe a spell heavy party that is only allowed two spells per level?
`/\ |\ | | \ `-|- `|_| |-_|) |-_`|` `|` |)
/--\ | \| | / ` | `|` | |_ |\ |_` |__| ` |\

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
3 months ago#45
Yeah, that would take the "No best spells" one to the next level essentially. That's a good idea.

Alternatively you could do like a 2xFighter 2xThief party and "No currently best weapons" run, though determining the "best" weapon at any given time would be tricky, and I'm not sure if the ToFR would be possible with everyone using their second and third best weapon.
L37 409/409 9/8/8/8/7/7/6/6 HP8 Pa3 Int/MDef: 51/92
HDCEA: 102-97-92/48-50-43/3-4-6.5/81/43(34) Resist: (Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral

User Info: Zzonkmiles

Zzonkmiles
3 months ago#46
Shadow_FF6 posted...
Maybe a spell heavy party that is only allowed two spells per level?

Hmmmm...this has potential.

Maybe I could go RM/RM/WM/BM and all characters can only learn two spells per level? I'd have to give myself access to the "best/preferred" spells for a run like this though. But then again, I was able to beat the game using mages without FIR2/LIFE etc., so maybe it can be done.

I don't want to hijack Flamefox's thread, but it looks like he's missing in action. But it would be bad form for me to threadjack. So I'll create a new topic.
PSN/YT: Zzonkmiles (Don't listen to Ondore's lies!)
Download Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type at http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1278/

User Info: Shadow_FF6

Shadow_FF6
3 months ago#47
I think this would probably be easier than the 'No Best Spells' run, because you're giving up the third and fourth best spells, rather than the first best spell. That seems like a good deal. However, it is still something new, and might result in you often having to give up key utility spells. Or giving up key combat spells in exchange for those utility spells. Third spell choices for me are usually spells that are not used often, but are a big deal when they are.
`/\ |\ | | \ `-|- `|_| |-_|) |-_`|` `|` |)
/--\ | \| | / ` | `|` | |_ |\ |_` |__| ` |\
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Loving Final Fantasy Zz Hard-Type!
  • Topic Archived