You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Thanks for Making Final Fantasy Restored!

User Info: Armagon3650

Armagon3650
2 months ago#111
Ok so here's an update on my progress. I have about half the battle menu disassembled, and I am pretty sure I can add soft potion to the battle menu. I already added it in and changed the box size as a test. So in addition to canceling attacks against dead foes, I'm gonna add that into the patch. I'm not promising I can actually make a patch, I've never tried before. And I still have a ways to go. But when its done I will try to make a patch for it and make it available. If I'm unable to do so I will let it be known.

I'm hoping to have it done it a couple weeks. But we'll see.

Armagon3650
1 month ago#112
Ok I'm pretty certain I can add the "soft potion" effect without too much trouble. If I don't run into any unforeseen problems. I never understood why you can't use soft in battle anyway.

So I'd like some opinions. Shame I can't upload a photo :( I currently have it set like this inside the box

(Space for cursor)Potion
(Space for cursor)Antidote
(Space for cursor)Gold Needle

The Gold Needle is set in column format like the "RUN" command. So you have to use the "right", "left" arrows to select it.
That doesn't seem too bad since you don't really get stoned all that much and aren't gonna be using it a lot. Does that seem like a reasonable way to implement it?

To set it in row format, I would have to create an entirely separate menu for it. I can do that, but it requires a good deal of code. That's not a major problem, but I'm wondering if it is actually worth the effort just to be able to select it with the "Up", "Down" scroll.

So what do you guys think? Is it acceptable to have Gold Needle selectable by using the "Right", "Left" arrow keys,
or does it really need to selectable with the "Up", "Down" arrow keys?

Note that the "Potion", and "Antidote" still use the "Up", "Down" arrows.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: beege_man

beege_man
1 month ago#113
The reason you can't cure Stone in battle is due to this game's roots in D&D. Softening a stoned character takes hours. Not exactly something you can do in one round of combat. Same reason LIFE doesn't work in battle. Resurrecting takes a long time.

As for the menu, it's hard to picture how Left/Right would work, but if the others are Up/Down, I think it makes more sense for it to be Up/Down.
L37 409/409 9/8/8/8/7/7/6/6 HP8 Pa3 Int/MDef: 51/92
HDCEA: 102-97-92/48-50-43/3-4-6.5/81/43(34) Resist: (Fire)/(Lit)/Death AtkElem: Ice-Fire-Coral

Armagon3650
1 week ago#114
Hi guys I'm still around. I got kinda busy, and computer was acting funny, so I got a new one. Then I started playing around with Destiny Of An Emperor (a lot easier to modify). Idk if anyone was interested enough in any of my suggestions, to make a breakdown of them. So I think I'll just pick up where I left off and add all the changes I set out to make originally. I'll list them when I'm done at least a couple months I'm estimating if not longer. I'll have to kinda refamiliarize myself with the code. That's if everything works smoothly.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Thanks for Making Final Fantasy Restored!