3 months ago #112
    Ok I'm pretty certain I can add the "soft potion" effect without too much trouble. If I don't run into any unforeseen problems. I never understood why you can't use soft in battle anyway.

So I'd like some opinions. Shame I can't upload a photo :( I currently have it set like this inside the box

(Space for cursor)Potion
    (Space for cursor)Antidote
    (Space for cursor)Gold Needle

The Gold Needle is set in column format like the "RUN" command. So you have to use the "right", "left" arrows to select it.
    That doesn't seem too bad since you don't really get stoned all that much and aren't gonna be using it a lot. Does that seem like a reasonable way to implement it?

To set it in row format, I would have to create an entirely separate menu for it. I can do that, but it requires a good deal of code. That's not a major problem, but I'm wondering if it is actually worth the effort just to be able to select it with the "Up", "Down" scroll.

So what do you guys think? Is it acceptable to have Gold Needle selectable by using the "Right", "Left" arrow keys,
    or does it really need to selectable with the "Up", "Down" arrow keys?

Note that the "Potion", and "Antidote" still use the "Up", "Down" arrows.

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    Ok I'm pretty certain I can add the "soft potion" effect without too much trouble. If I don't run into any unforeseen problems. I never understood why you can't use soft in battle anyway.

So I'd like some opinions. Shame I can't upload a photo :( I currently have it set like this inside the box

(Space for cursor)Potion

Its set in column format like the "RUN" command. So you have to use the "right", "left" arrows to select it.
    That doesn't seem too bad since you don't really get stoned all that much and aren't gonna be using it a lot. Does that seem like a reasonable way to implement it?

To set it in row format, I would have to create an entirely separate menu for it. I can do that, but it requires a good deal of code. That's not a major problem, but I'm wondering if it is actually worth the effort just to be able to select it with the "Up", "Down" scroll.

So what do you guys think? Is it acceptable to have it selectable by using the "Right", "Left" arrow keys,

3 months ago

(Space for cursor)Potion

Its set in column format like the "RUN" command. So you have to use the "right", "left" arrows to select it.

So what do you guys think? Is it acceptable to have Gold Needle selectable by using the "Right", "Left" arrow keys,