• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Dynamic Action Selection Enhancement, take 2

User Info: CaptainMuscles

CaptainMuscles
7 years ago#1
(If you implemented the code from the original thread, you should re-apply the following code instead.)

;-------------------------------------------
; Dynamic Action Selection

; This modification alters the combat action selection sequence. Instead of selecting all warriors' actions at the beginning of each round, each individual warrior's action is selected when their turn comes up in the battle sequence. The action will then be executed immediately.

313e4: d0 47

31417: 90 0c

3141b: 90 10

3141f: ce ae 6b

(INSERT)
31430: 48 ad ae 6b c9 01 f0 23
(END INSERT)

31451: 68 48 20 77 94 a9 02 20 0f f2 68 85 88 0a 0a a8 60

(DELETE)
31462: 20 77 94 a9 02 20 0f f2
(END DELETE)

31468: 4c 52 94

3147f: 41 94 41 94 41 94 41 94

321cc: 30 0a

32369: 20 20 94 ea ea

323f3: 30 3d
;-------------------------------------------------------

Notes:
-Make sure you are in insert mode for the INSERT/DELETE code.
-The address listed for any DELETE code takes into account any previous INSERT/DELETES.
-For anyone who wishes to further mod this code, it's worth noting that the "player strikes first" flag stored in ram at $6bae, will now be -1 (255) if the player gets first strike, or 1 if the monsters get first strike.
-This should not conflict with any fixes/enhancements posted in Astral's opening posts of the bug fixes and enhancement thread.

Sorry for closing the original thread, there were two many bugs in the code I first posted. Since I still can't find the "Edit post" button after 2 years of searching, I decided to make a new thread with the final (I hope) version as the first post.

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
7 years ago#2
(not related to topic, but, if you click "message detail" in the left-hand column where your name and info is, you can edit BUT only within an hour of the post. so. you wouldn't have been able to edit it by then anyways.)
"just promise to murder me with your pants on"
"I promise NOTHING!"

User Info: x_loto

x_loto
7 years ago#3
This is really awesome! ...And I have this nagging suspicion that I was the one who suggested such a hack would be interesting, but I don't remember for sure and I don't even know which thread it would have been in....
Allow me to entertain you.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xloto0 -- http://letsplaysidexside.blogspot.com

User Info: aeepahzieoi

aeepahzieoi
7 years ago#4
I like how it is compatible with all those other cool patches.

aeepahzieoi
7 years ago#5
This version seems bugged. I checked for typos but it seems that the code is entered correctly. What happens is that battles randomly end. And experience and levels increase mysteriously, without any stats increasing.

User Info: CaptainMuscles

CaptainMuscles
7 years ago#6
aeepahzieoi posted...
This version seems bugged. I checked for typos but it seems that the code is entered correctly. What happens is that battles randomly end. And experience and levels increase mysteriously, without any stats increasing.

Crap.

It looks like I left some code out of the first post, add:

; CORRECTION--------------------------------------
3141f: ce ae 6b 4c 1a 94 a9 23 ee ae 6b
; ----------------------------------------------------------

I really appreciate you trying it out. I suppose I'll start a new thread once I'm sure there aren't any issues with the corrected code. I really don't want the main post to have a screwed up version. :(

aeepahzieoi
7 years ago#7
It seems to work fine now.

User Info: SchlossRitter

SchlossRitter
7 years ago#8
Hm, I might actually use this in my game hack if I ever get around to it.
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.

User Info: AstralEsper

AstralEsper
7 years ago#9
Umm... wow. This is really quite astounding. Excellent job!

From the other thread...

@anyone: The versions of Anomie's and Disch's notes that I have are over 1 & 1/2 years old. Have there been any updates or new, similar resources released since?

Not to my knowledge. Anomie hasn't been around these parts in ages. Disch in maybe only one age. The only thing I can think of are some notations I made on my copies of his notes, or perhaps some stuff Grond has posted (such as in the FFR thread... which I have horribly neglected of late). Next time I page through them, I'll let you know if there's anything interesting.

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
7 years ago#10
Wow, if a hack did this, I'd play it. Well, maybe. I'm pretty sick of random battle games (is there a game genie code for NO randoms?)

It certainly not only would make the game much more 'modern' it would, I think, in general makes things easier, but for one like me that's hardly a bad thing....
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy
  3. Dynamic Action Selection Enhancement, take 2
  • Topic Archived