You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid
  3. Can I get the ice beam back? / How do I get to Kraid?

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
5 days ago#1
I think I got the ice beam twice, then I got the wave beam. Can I get the ice beam back? I think I need it in order to get to Kraid since there's a ladder of invinciturtles that look like theu need to be used to reach a red missile door.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: Sadekuuro

Sadekuuro
4 days ago#2
You should still be able to recover the ice beam, yes. You don't need it to reach Kraid, though it may help depending on your route down there.

User Info: looked

looked
4 days ago#3
Yes you can get it again, it you have wave beam it just respawns in both spots.

But no you don’t need to it get to Kraid. Kraid is On the bottom of the map, so you can fall all the way down there

You may be looking at the way out. If you are looking where I think you are looking you come through that door from the other direction. You may get stuck on the way out without icebeam, but you can always use up+a on controller 2 to kill yourself and start at the elevator. All your progress is still saved so Kraid will still be dead.

It is possible to get out of there with an unmorph jump, but you only get 1 shot, and it’s unlikely you will pull it off your first time trying.

DevsBro
4 days ago#4
How do you get down without Ice beam?

There's a door at the bottom but it's on the other side of a wall thingy with a crawlspace at the top. I can allllllllmost reach it with bomb jumps but not quite.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: looked

looked
4 days ago#5
Yeah that way is an exit. You can use the door above it, but again you would need to do an unmorph jump as you are falling, because the overhang is in the way. and only get one shot at it.

The intended path is the second door down on the left. Pass through this area to the next vertical corridor, and fall all the way down through the fake lava. Then go 2 doors to the right and bomb directly under the door that you came through. This will drop you into a green area. Go through 2 more doors, passing the fake Kraid on the way, and bomb the middle of the floor. This will drop you to the room directly to the right of Kraid. So shoot the right door and go fight him.

DevsBro
4 days ago#6
Ah sneaky sneaky.

The bombing was the part I missed. It wasn't shown on my map. :P

Muchas gracias.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
3 days ago#7
You probably already know this - but the Ice Beam is definitely the better option when going through Tourian on the way to Mother Brain.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 days ago#8
You can get any power up repeatedly but it does nothing, except for whenswitching beams. Either Ice Beam can be gotten again to switch back.

User Info: Black_Crusher

Black_Crusher
1 day ago#9
Drumguy posted...
You probably already know this - but the Ice Beam is definitely the better option when going through Tourian on the way to Mother Brain.

Yes, by far.

Wave Beam Tourian run is.. well, it's interesting and you'll be moving a lot more that's for sure lol.
My roguelike, Equin: The Lantern!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid
  3. Can I get the ice beam back? / How do I get to Kraid?