• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Jade Cocoon 2
  3. How did you find this game?

User Info: jiggyjohn0_0

jiggyjohn0_0
6 months ago#1
I have been a long time fan of JC2 and try to replay it every few years. I thoroughly enjoy the voice-over work even after all these years and can remember being impressed by the sounds and audio way back in 2002 around when it first released. I've spent way too much time over the years in trying to build out that perfect roster, love the post game content, and lament the absence of the missing seed beasts in the ntsc version... JC2 is a game I will continue to treasure despite the increasing difficulties in finding people that even know of the games existence... which got me thinking how I found the game in the first place...

I had purchased an even more obscure game back at the end of 2001 known as the Legend of Alon D'ar and had seen that Grandia 2 would be coming out in a month or so from the in box promotional pamphlets included with the the game. Oddly, ubisoft was offering a "buy 2 rpgs get the third free" campaign. As I was a big fan of the Grandia franchise and was planning on picking it up when it released anyway, I figured I might as well check out the other game in the promotion since it would essentially be "free." That third game was, of course, Jade Cacoon 2! It is strange to think of mail in rebates in our digital age, but thanks to that odd little promotion I stumbled across a game I love to this day! Either way, if anyone does come across this thread, how did you find the game?

User Info: Maxogrande

Maxogrande
5 months ago#2
I discovered the first Jade Cocoon on a disc with multiple demos and I liked it despite being just one dungeon so I bought the game, it still is one of my favourite games and I replay it from time to time.
So when I found Jade Cocoon 2 at a random shop it was an insta-buy.

And I have to say that while I find JC2 a nice game (replaying it just now) I can't stop feeling a little bit dissapointed at how different it feels from the first one.

1 was a master piece for me, 2 is a good game and easily replayable using different beast/strategies.

User Info: jiggyjohn0_0

jiggyjohn0_0
5 months ago#3
So the original jade cacoon, I remember watching it played briefly, in all its PS1 3D polygonal glory at a friend's. I seem to remember it taking place in a village, unlike the tower were in in JC2. I also remember there being 4 element forests, and I think Levant was a part of the story, but that's about all I can remember. Even without a strong grasp of Jade Cacoon, I really fell in love with JC2.
(edited 5 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Jade Cocoon 2
  3. How did you find this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A