• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fable
  3. Blog post on Fable

User Info: MajinBalthier

MajinBalthier
8 years ago#1
http://www.coronajumper.com/2013/05/fable-xbox-2004.html

Wrote this a while back while playing through the game.

The game is really unbalanced. The difficulty is like an EKG meter. It shoots up, shoots down, shoots up, etc. I don't approve. It looks gorgeous, though. Especially for a last-gen game. I mean wowza.

The gameplay itself, though... just seems super-unfinished. Like the bullet points version of a fully-realized RPG. And what's with the huge exp jump from quests halfway through the game?

Either way, I enjoyed it, but what a strange game.
www.coronajumper.com - My retro gaming blog

User Info: StucklnMyPants

StucklnMyPants
8 years ago#2
Pretty interesting read. It's not really a review and not really a walkthrough; it's more like your thoughts as you play through the game. If it was a newly released game, most people probably wouldn't read it all the way through since it's lined with spoilers, but since it's an old game, I think it works in this situation.

There are many aspects that feel unfinished since it was hyped up so much. I can vividly remember all kinds of interviews, with all the ideas and concepts that Molyneux said were going to be in the game. And then the game came out, people finished it, and it was just disappointing that it wasn't nearly like what we thought it was going to be. The game is entertaining in its own right. It just didn't do what Molyneux said it was going to do.

I think the game is unbalanced and easy because it was probably intended to be longer than it was. I mean, you can get a legendary weapon within 2 hours of a new game. EXP was probably increased halfway through the game because it wasn't nearly enough with how short the final version of the game was.

It was an interesting game, but it was really marred by Molyneux's big mouth. If he would have just gave out vaguer details and not promised content that he knew wouldn't make it into the game, it probably would have done a lot better. I enjoy playing the game, but at certain points through it, it's bitter-sweet., because it's just a shadow of what I thought it would be.
Power concedes nothing without a demand.

User Info: Crimsin_Giblet

Crimsin_Giblet
8 years ago#3
http://www.coronajumper.com/2013/05/fable-xbox-2004.html

Wrote this a while back while playing through the game.

The game is really unbalanced. The difficulty is like an EKG meter. It shoots up, shoots down, shoots up, etc. I don't approve. It looks gorgeous, though. Especially for a last-gen game. I mean wowza.

The gameplay itself, though... just seems super-unfinished. Like the bullet points version of a fully-realized RPG. And what's with the huge exp jump from quests halfway through the game?

Either way, I enjoyed it, but what a strange game.

It's a shame really, if they would have just stuck with the formula from Fable, and tried to expand and fix, or finish implementing the things that they truly wanted into Fable into Fable 2, it would have been amazing. Instead it felt like they tried to redo everything and it just felt sloppy again, to me at least.

I really wish Fable 2 and 3 would have felt more like sequels and less like reinventions of the first Fable with a few new mechanics added along the way.
  1. Boards
  2. Fable
  3. Blog post on Fable
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Lady Grey Gift? Side Quest1 Answer
Temple Of Avo? General3 Answers
How do I change my weight? General5 Answers
How Do I Know What Time It Is? Build3 Answers
How do you equip weapons and armour? General1 Answer