• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. 1 PM track used on NPR Morning Edition

User Info: Doxology

Doxology
8 months ago#1
I totally heard the 1 PM track used as a music interlude while listening to NPR Morning Edition on Tuesday. You know, the track with the accordion and meowing cat. It was during the transition to the Marketplace Morning Report segment around 6:50 AM eastern. I couldn't believe I was hearing it on a national radio news broadcast. It's not like it's even a newly released game or anything, it's 17 years old. Unless one of the newer games uses that same track? I haven't played them.

They played the first 13 seconds or so, ending with a good meow. Hearing an Animal Crossing tune caught me so off guard that I snickered out loud - I couldn't help it. I was in the middle of my workday as a rural transit driver, and my only passenger at the time was sitting right behind me and probably thinks I'm a lunatic now.

I tried to find an official record of it being used so I'd know which program's staff chose it, but it's not listed among the Tuesday music cues on NPR Morning Edition's site, and the Marketplace Morning Report site doesn't appear to list the cues they use. I'm guessing it was either programmed by NPR Morning Edition and they just didn't list it on their site, or my local public radio station programmed it.

I was delighted, either way.

User Info: satoka-eldon

satoka-eldon
8 months ago#2
Doxology posted...
I totally heard the 1 PM track used as a music interlude while listening to NPR Morning Edition on Tuesday. You know, the track with the accordion and meowing cat. It was during the transition to the Marketplace Morning Report segment around 6:50 AM eastern. I couldn't believe I was hearing it on a national radio news broadcast. It's not like it's even a newly released game or anything, it's 17 years old. Unless one of the newer games uses that same track? I haven't played them.

They played the first 13 seconds or so, ending with a good meow. Hearing an Animal Crossing tune caught me so off guard that I snickered out loud - I couldn't help it. I was in the middle of my workday as a rural transit driver, and my only passenger at the time was sitting right behind me and probably thinks I'm a lunatic now.

I tried to find an official record of it being used so I'd know which program's staff chose it, but it's not listed among the Tuesday music cues on NPR Morning Edition's site, and the Marketplace Morning Report site doesn't appear to list the cues they use. I'm guessing it was either programmed by NPR Morning Edition and they just didn't list it on their site, or my local public radio station programmed it.

I was delighted, either way.

They didn't reuse the tracks in any of the later games (or even the style, for that matter).

Very cool to hear it getting airplay, though!
Orchestration of the trailer theme for FE: Three Houses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVa9YDMdBkA

User Info: cris1ussen

cris1ussen
8 months ago#3
Wow that is kind of cool if you ask me, but would be nice to know how they got the music?, as far I know the game never got a soundtrack release on CD or digitally (which sucks!) and the only way to get the music is by extract them using a PC

Any case is quite good to hear that, in my country there are various radio stations and even the TV news that put some videogames songs in the background (the most populars ones are the Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII soundtrack)
AC:NL Dream code (updated version): 4F00-000F-4F10
Everyone are welcome!

User Info: satoka-eldon

satoka-eldon
8 months ago#4
cris1ussen posted...
Wow that is kind of cool if you ask me, but would be nice to know how they got the music?, as far I know the game never got a soundtrack release on CD or digitally (which sucks!) and the only way to get the music is by extract them using a PC

Probably just using one of the many Youtube soundtrack rips :P not sure how royalties would be handled, TBH, but maybe it's just one of those cases where no-one cares too much.
Orchestration of the trailer theme for FE: Three Houses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVa9YDMdBkA
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. 1 PM track used on NPR Morning Edition
  • Topic Archived