• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. So sad this title is underappreciated. Was the best AC game.

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
7 months ago#21
I actually liked the whole Mayor concept, but I think that on the next game they should let people pick whether they want to be mayor or a regular villager, and that the public works projects are unlocked as time passes (and/or as the town develops) rather than suggested randomly.

Another thing I'm glad they changed from the GCN game is the villagers moving out, as far as I know there's nothing that can be done about it and one leaves every 10 days or so (and in most cases it's between my 2 newest villagers).

User Info: gossipstone

gossipstone
7 months ago#22
_Keeby posted...

I always saw the whole Mayor thing in NL to be an overhyped gimmick. One half of it is paying 20,000 bells once and forgetting about it forever due to a limited amount of choices(ordinances), and the other half is having to unlock things through lots of luck for you to get what you want(PWPs). It felt more like Isabelle(who I don't like and think is annoying) was the mayor rather than you. I hope the next game has you be an ordinary resident again. The "mayor" feature was a big mess.

I mostly agree with this. I think it was a good concept, but in hindsight the execution wasn't great. I actually hope the next game gives the players less freedom, in terms of mayoral power and what to do with villagers. Happy Home Designer was a fun little design game, but I wouldn't want to have to design each new villager's house when they move in or even be able to edit their houses. It would just sap the joy out of the game for me. They should just have it go back to the villagers not changing their houses at all so that they don't become the trash heaps they do after living in your town awhile. Bringing back sign posts for villager houses would be nice, too.

I do think Isabelle is cute, though, and would like to see her return in some capacity.
Belief or disbelief rests with you.

User Info: satoka-eldon

satoka-eldon
7 months ago#23
gossipstone posted...
_Keeby posted...

I always saw the whole Mayor thing in NL to be an overhyped gimmick. One half of it is paying 20,000 bells once and forgetting about it forever due to a limited amount of choices(ordinances), and the other half is having to unlock things through lots of luck for you to get what you want(PWPs). It felt more like Isabelle(who I don't like and think is annoying) was the mayor rather than you. I hope the next game has you be an ordinary resident again. The "mayor" feature was a big mess.

I mostly agree with this. I think it was a good concept, but in hindsight the execution wasn't great. I actually hope the next game gives the players less freedom, in terms of mayoral power and what to do with villagers. Happy Home Designer was a fun little design game, but I wouldn't want to have to design each new villager's house when they move in or even be able to edit their houses. It would just sap the joy out of the game for me. They should just have it go back to the villagers not changing their houses at all so that they don't become the trash heaps they do after living in your town awhile. Bringing back sign posts for villager houses would be nice, too.

I do think Isabelle is cute, though, and would like to see her return in some capacity.

The house editing interface from Happy Home Designer definitely should be in, though. I kinda wish they could've patched it in to AC:NL.
My Golden Sun / Pokemon / Tales Of / Zelda covers:
https://soundcloud.com/eldonreeves/tracks

User Info: _Keeby

_Keeby
7 months ago#24
satoka-eldon posted...
The house editing interface from Happy Home Designer definitely should be in, though. I kinda wish they could've patched it in to AC:NL.

I think they did, actually...

MawiocUdwoc
7 months ago#25
_Keeby posted...
satoka-eldon posted...

They added that on the latest big update, you get the interface after you order the storage unit built.

One thing I do miss from this game that I wish they could've expanded upon, are the events like the sports fair, it'd be nice to compete against the villagers in similar things.

satoka-eldon
7 months ago#26
MawiocUdwoc posted...
_Keeby posted...
satoka-eldon posted...

They added that on the latest big update, you get the interface after you order the storage unit built.

One thing I do miss from this game that I wish they could've expanded upon, are the events like the sports fair, it'd be nice to compete against the villagers in similar things.

Whaaaa...? Is it mentioned in-game that you get the tools with the upgrade? (I am not playing in my first language, so I might've missed something.) Just ordered the upgrade anyway, so we'll see tomorrow!

MawiocUdwoc
7 months ago#27
I don't remember whether is right after you order it or when you finish paying the unit, but you get a visit from Lotte (Lyle's niece) and she enables the option and explains it to you. They make no mention of it whatsoever (that I know of) so it really comes as a surprise :P

satoka-eldon
7 months ago#28
MawiocUdwoc posted...
I don't remember whether is right after you order it or when you finish paying the unit, but you get a visit from Lotte (Lyle's niece) and she enables the option and explains it to you. They make no mention of it whatsoever (that I know of) so it really comes as a surprise :P

Haha, good thing I asked about this!

I just upgraded, but haven't paid yet. Going into my house straight away lets me see the extra storage. I then went to visit Nook and Takumi (the pink otter) was there. She then takes you to a trial room where you can move a desk, lamp and picture, and now I have the feature enabled. I notice the grid isn't as fine as HHD, though.

Many thanks~
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. So sad this title is underappreciated. Was the best AC game.
  • Topic Archived