• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. So sad this title is underappreciated. Was the best AC game.

User Info: Malacypse

Malacypse
8 months ago#1
So sad this board is so dead. I think this was the pinnacle of the series.
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
--- Eric Cantona

User Info: gossipstone

gossipstone
8 months ago#2
I agree! Part of that might be the nostalgia talking, but even going back to this after playing newer entries, it really holds up. There are some new features I miss, yeah, but other parts of it that more than make up for those.
Belief or disbelief rests with you.

User Info: satoka-eldon

satoka-eldon
8 months ago#3
I think it lacks a lot of quality-of-life features (fruit-stacking anyone?) that the 3DS version really managed to improve on. It makes it a lot harder to play the original now.

But, the ambience is the best in the series! The slightly washed-out colours really work in its favour.

Also, I don't really like the rolling-log worlds either (a product solely of the DS); I much prefer the original flat world with the piles of leaves that you could run through.
My Pokemon / Golden Sun covers:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVwSht-blOhA2JE_re_qegg

User Info: Malacypse

Malacypse
8 months ago#4
Eh, I really don't care for fruit stacking. Is tedious because you have to stack it in your inventory itself. Besides, all the extra bells don't matter in new leaf, as everything is ridiculously expensive.
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
--- Eric Cantona

satoka-eldon
8 months ago#5
Malacypse posted...
Eh, I really don't care for fruit stacking. Is tedious because you have to stack it in your inventory itself. Besides, all the extra bells don't matter in new leaf, as everything is ridiculously expensive.

You're right, actually - it should stack automatically. I don't get why QoL features are added so slowly and incompletely.

Something that continues to annoy me about NL is the difficulty of getting requests for Public Works Projects. I don't want to grind by swimming! So, the bell-count hasn't really been an issue, since all I've been able to commission are a well and a bridge.

User Info: _Five_

_Five_
8 months ago#6
IMO, it still is the best Animal Crossing game.

User Info: BowsersEnemyX

BowsersEnemyX
8 months ago#7
_Five_ posted...
IMO, it still is the best Animal Crossing game.

yeah, pretty much.
Nintendo makes cardboard peripherals, and the fans are happy.
It's official. Neither Nintendo nor its fans need to be taken seriously.

User Info: HYPERMECHA

HYPERMECHA
8 months ago#8
So sad this board is so dead.

The game is 16 years old, what do you expect? I'm not saying it's not a good game, but the board is not going to be super-active, at this point.
[= [__] =] []\[]intendo.......(+.[___]:) PSP
[+ [__] : ] []_)S ..............[+ [__] : ] MICRO size it!

satoka-eldon
8 months ago#9
So how often do you guys visit your towns? I'm pretty sure I did last about four years ago, and it was a horrendous weedy nightmare. (I haven't been home since.)

User Info: BowsersEnemyX

BowsersEnemyX
8 months ago#10
ashamed to say that i haven't visited any of my towns in about a month. not long before i stopped hacking the game.
Nintendo makes cardboard peripherals, and the fans are happy.
It's official. Neither Nintendo nor its fans need to be taken seriously.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing
  3. So sad this title is underappreciated. Was the best AC game.
  • Topic Archived