• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
  3. Having trouble sending the signal at the NSF warehouse.

User Info: cronoknight

cronoknight
8 years ago#1
I've checked most of the FAQs, and most of them say that you just go to the roof and activate the satellite. I've tried that and have had no luck. Whenever I access one of the two computers it doesn't have any login and won't let me do anything. It's been a while since I last played this game and can't remember if I've missed anything. I've also been to the secret underground compartment in the base and that doesn't do anything either. I know this is a pretty dead board, but I'd be grateful if someone helped me out.
Brawl FC: 4641-0244-4581
TvC FC: 3953-8421-8628

User Info: stimpy532000

stimpy532000
8 years ago#2
Hacking one of them should allow you to open a grey door, behnd that door hack that computer and you should be able to send the sgnal.

cronoknight
8 years ago#3
Yeah, I tried that already. The first one doesn't have a login and neither does the one inside the grey door. I've always got through the grey door by just blowing it up with a LAM. Also, I assume by "hacking" you mean pressing the X button on the computer. Maybe I'm not doing that right.

cronoknight
8 years ago#4
bump

cronoknight
8 years ago#5
bump

User Info: KrossRoads

KrossRoads
8 years ago#6
How's your hacking skill Crono? You can hack the computer just long enough to open the door to a second computer that actually sends the signal. The first computer just opens the grey door and aligns the radar dishes. Both of which need to be done before the signal is sent.

If your hacking skill isn't so great, you're in trouble. You're going to have to search the entire building, top to bottom, for a book, datacube, or email that has the login you're looking for. Personally, I always just hack both the computers and send the signal as soon as I get to the rooftop, but there's always more than one way to complete objectives in this game. I can't remember where the login is, but you can bet you're probably going to have to lockpick or use a hacking tool to get to it. Search every room, unlock every door, blow open every container... and good luck. If you STILL can't find it, either start over and increase your hacking skill once or twice before this point in the game, or input cheat mode. I'm sorry I can't give you any specific help other than that, the game is just so deep it's hard to keep track of where every little thing is.
"Why, I never!" "You should, it's fun"

KrossRoads
8 years ago#7
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention that to hack a computer, first you get to the login screen, then press triangle. You'll then have a certain amount of seconds to choose one of the logins that appear, do whatever you need to do, and then log back out. If you take too long, you'll take damage and be booted out. You can also hack security terminals for the same effect, and also ATM machines, although hacking ATMs you can only do once before it breaks down. So no draining all the money from every account by hacking them all.
The higher your hacking skill, the more seconds you'll have.

cronoknight
8 years ago#8
Wow, I can't believe I didn't even level up my computer skills at all. Luckily, I have more than enough points to get it to the proper level. Anyways... thanks a ton KrossRoads I was on the verge of starting my file over again. Good thing I waited. :P

KrossRoads
8 years ago#9
No problemo Crono! Always glad to help a fellow DE fan.

You just learned what most of the players I've talked with agree on, that the computer hacking skill is probably one of the most important skills. It just makes everything go smoother, saves loads of time, and enables the option to make the enemy turrets shoot at other enemies. Just great.
By the sound of it, you weren't hacking at all up to this point, were you? I bet that was quite a frustrating time finding the logins. I should do a no hacking challenge myself, it sounds like a load of fun, if you don't mind searching nooks and crannies until you go insane.

Anyway, since this board is dead, or at least on life support, I'll drop by every day or so to see if you need more help. Also, don't forget to tell your friends about this game! Maybe someday soon we'll get enough fans to win a round or two of the gamer polls.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
  3. Having trouble sending the signal at the NSF warehouse.
  • Topic Archived