• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin
  3. Awesome Way to Kill Smokey Progg
pokeplayer984 7 years ago#1
Smokey Progg has been hailed as one of the hardest bosses in the original Pikmin. If you are going for a No Death Run, it can be quite difficult to kill him without losing a single Pikmin.

However, one YouTube LPer has found a unique and awesome way to kill this guy. It's all in his No Death Run on Day 6.

Copy and paste the link into your browser below to see it.

For those that want to skip to the battle, fast forward to 13:00. However, if you want to see the whole set up, watch the whole video until SP's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-BLAm3zvgI

Enjoy!
SSBMaster11 7 years ago#2
That's neat. Too bad you need all those bombs for gates, because this way, you can't really DO much else on that day.
Challenge Mode scores: 278(perfect!), 569 (perfect!), 433, 459, 299(perfect!) Overall: 2038
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
Nes_Mettaur 7 years ago#3
I'm just wondering how he stumbled across it on accident.

Still, good work Roahm.
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
(Also a girl, just to prevent any future confusion)
piranhapete 7 years ago#4
Interesting! I wonder how many bombs it takes. I doubt it takes quite that many.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!
SSBMaster11 7 years ago#5
An easy way to check would be to use just one bomb, and see what the percentage of his health that's gone is.
Challenge Mode scores: 278(perfect!), 569 (perfect!), 433, 459, 299(perfect!) Overall: 2038
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
Ryvern29 7 years ago#6
Nes_Mettaur posted...
I'm just wondering how he stumbled across it on accident.

Still, good work Roahm.

You weren't the only one. And there's an answer from the man himself!

"Basically, when originally planning on how to fight the Progg, I was going to use the "tossing bombs" method. However, I didn't want the risk of having a bunch of unarmed Yellows with me. So I deposited all but three Yellows, the biggest number of bombs I felt comfortable throwing during each of the Progg's attacks. The plan was I'd throw three bombs, then go back to the pile of rocks under the Yellow Onion to reload for the next attack... And then the Progg went under the Yellow Onion, I didn't even think of what was about to occur, threw a Yellow to continue the attack, and.... everything went boom."
Bringer of Chaos, Discord, and Oven-Baked Confections
This has been a paid advertisement...or HAS it?
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin
  3. Awesome Way to Kill Smokey Progg
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A