• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin
  3. If Impact Site Started on Its "Day 2" Setup
do_0m 9 years ago#1
This is purely theoretical / for fun.

For those who don't know, you can get the Positron Generator without blues or yellows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB2E8pCVqco

As far as I can tell, the obstacles to collecting the Positron Generator on Day 1 are:
* Collecting 1 part ends the day (does collecting the Positron Generator end the day if you don't have the engine?)
* Lying down doesn't work, and it's needed to go out of bounds and move the PG from the water to land.
* The pellet used to go out-of-bounds isn't there on day 1 (I think).

If these attributes were set as they were on Day 2, would there be enough time to get both parts?
_Hikari 9 years ago#2
do_0m posted...

* Collecting 1 part ends the day (does collecting the Positron Generator end the day if you don't have the engine?)

Yes, it ends the day.

Another "fun" thing you can do is to go to both forest navel and distant spring without yellows.
Pikmin Challenge Mode : 278 / 569 / 482 / 645 / 299 and 6 Days completion - Pikmin2: 7 Days and some challenge mode WRs
http://www.youtube.com/user/xHaibara
SSBMaster11 9 years ago#3
You can get to FN without yellows? I knew you could get to DS without blues, but I didn't know you could get to FN without yellows...

Oh, yeah, I guess you can-

1. Main Engine
2. Positron Generator
3. Shock Absorber
4. Eternal Fuel Dynamo
5. Sagittarius

would be enough to get to FN, and

6. Automatic Gear
7. Space Float
8. Gravity Jumper
9. Omega Stabilizer
10. Libra

...Uh, what else can you get without yellows or blues? You'd still be two short of making it to Distant Spring...
Challenge Mode scores: 278(perfect!), 569 (perfect!), 433, 459, 299(perfect!) Overall: 2038
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
TRR03 9 years ago#4
Well all he said is it's possible to make it to Distant Spring without yellows, which means you'd pick up blues. Having blues with you would allow you to pick up two more parts in Forest Navel which would allow you to access Distant Spring.

With that being said, it's still possible to collect the Analog Computer without yellows or blues using a similar method to how you collect the Positron Generator. If you were trying to get to Distant Spring without yellows or blues you'd have to collect one more part. I've tried getting the #1 Ionium Jet and the Anti-Dioxin Filter but haven't had any luck.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin
  3. If Impact Site Started on Its "Day 2" Setup
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A