• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  3. Would you be okay if Melee HD added more characters?

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
3 months ago#11
I don't really think we need Melee HD...Melee already exists, and an HD remaster would probably make it lose what made it so great...plus things like Project M and 4xM and mostly likely some mod for Ultimate exists...which are basically new experiences but with Melee movement and techs.

User Info: Frogles

Frogles
3 months ago#12
_SJimW_ posted...
no, but I'd be down for a new Smash game with more characters that's identical to Melee mechanically

this. i just want another smash game that doesn't play like garbage.
Ahem...there's SAND on my boots! -Kefka

User Info: shroom_ninja_X

shroom_ninja_X
3 months ago#13
Thinking about it a little more, I'd be okay with a handful of new characters being added.
Wario, Dedede, Snake, and Sonic are the only ones I'd be on board with.

Dedede was supposedly planned for SSB64.
Wario was the next character that Sakurai wanted to include if there had been more time to develop Melee, IIRC.
Snake was requested by Kojima, but couldn't be included because the game was too far into development.
Sonic was supposedly planned for Melee but dropped due to time constraints (according to Yuji Naka).

(Definitely correct me on this if I'm wrong though, because I don't want to spread misinformation!)

Source on Snake's planned inclusion in Melee... https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jun/15/hideo-kojima-originally-wanted-solid-snake-melee-history-metal-gears-hero-and-super-smash-bros/

Source on Sonic's planned inclusion in Melee... https://www.ssbwiki.com/images/2/2e/YujiNakaInterview.jpg
Word to your mother.

User Info: MaskedSheik

MaskedSheik
3 months ago#14
It's funny that Snake and Sonic were basically already greenlit for Melee considering how much of the Smash community was a million percent sure there would never be third party characters in the lead-up to Brawl
I like this guy - Shiny Mewtwo

User Info: COG_Killa

COG_Killa
3 months ago#15
I love to spread misinformation.

Shine is a frame 2 move.

User Info: MaskedSheik

MaskedSheik
3 months ago#16
are you drinking again

;)
I like this guy - Shiny Mewtwo

User Info: COG_Killa

COG_Killa
3 months ago#17
No I spent to much at the "cabaret" club last time to afford alcohol.

User Info: IHateDedede

IHateDedede
3 months ago#18
If they were to make Melee HD…

They should just replace Ness with Calamity Ganon
Ganondorf is my MAN
#1 Ganondorf player in all the universes
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  3. Would you be okay if Melee HD added more characters?
  • Topic Archived