• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  3. Would you be okay if Melee HD added more characters?

User Info: MPReviews

MPReviews
1 month ago#1
If they were to do a Melee HD and they added some of the characters that were planned for the game but cut for various reasons (Wario, Lucas, Snake, Sonic, etc), would you be okay with it?
Isabelle sucks and shouldn't be in Smash. #Banjo4Smash

User Info: MaskedSheik

MaskedSheik
1 month ago#2
For Melee as a party romp, the more the merrier

But I would be skeptical as to its effect competitively. We all say we want more characters and more balance, but that can change the gameplay and the metagame in unpredictable ways, as we saw with PM (the huge recoveries, for instance, or the de-emphasis of fastfallers, or how you had to concentrate more on understanding character gimmicks than on mastering what would have passed for fundamentals in Melee). That's not necessarily bad, but I wouldn't want to pass judgment without playing the game.
I like this guy - Shiny Mewtwo

User Info: LotsaSphagetti

LotsaSphagetti
1 month ago#3
Melee HD should remove sidestep, remove air dodge, increase the hitstun back to how it should be, increase shieldstun, nerf DI, and then it'll actually be an okay idea to make.
a

User Info: Doopliss_Power

Doopliss_Power
1 month ago#4
LotsaSphagetti posted...
Melee HD should remove sidestep, remove air dodge, increase the hitstun back to how it should be, increase shieldstun, nerf DI, and then it'll actually be an okay idea to make.

While we're at it, cut all the newcomers, get rid of Battlefield, FD, FoD, Pokemon, and Yoshi's, get rid of side specials and vertical throws, and make the C stick jump instead of attack.
whoops I didn't mean to post that

User Info: _SJimW_

_SJimW_
1 month ago#5
no, but I'd be down for a new Smash game with more characters that's identical to Melee mechanically

it just shouldn't be called "Melee HD"
RIP in Pieces GamerJM, 2007-2015. You will be missed. #UnPermabanJim

User Info: MaskedSheik

MaskedSheik
1 month ago#6
For that matter, I don't really see the need for the HD part
I like this guy - Shiny Mewtwo

User Info: COG_Killa

COG_Killa
1 month ago#7
Super Smash Bros.: Global Offensive

User Info: TUSMBOX

TUSMBOX
1 month ago#8
Doopliss_Power posted...
LotsaSphagetti posted...

While we're at it, cut all the newcomers, get rid of Battlefield, FD, FoD, Pokemon, and Yoshi's, get rid of side specials and vertical throws, and make the C stick jump instead of attack.

But that would just be Smash.....ooohhhhhh.
Iunno.

User Info: shroom_ninja_X

shroom_ninja_X
1 month ago#9
I'm a little bit iffy because of how the addition of new characters would change up the metagame. I do think an HD remake should rebalance the cast (except for the top 8), however.

I have to admit that it would be pretty cool if Sonic was actually unlockable in the HD remake by getting 20 KO's in Cruel Melee.
Word to your mother.

User Info: BrownPack

BrownPack
1 month ago#10
LotsaSphagetti posted...

Oh god not you again
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  3. Would you be okay if Melee HD added more characters?
  • Topic Archived