Of the non high tier characters, which would you like a new discovery to be made

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  3. Of the non high tier characters, which would you like a new discovery to be made

User Info: BrownPack

BrownPack
2 months ago#1
and by discovery, I mean some form of tech that shoots the character up the tier list and makes them viable against spacies, marth, sheik, etc

User Info: BlackG0ld

BlackG0ld
2 months ago#2
Mewtwo Mewtwo Mewtwo
The Best Worst Melee Player of All Time
Imperator Pupienus Maximus

User Info: MaskedSheik

MaskedSheik
2 months ago#3
Good Mewtwo or good Roy imo

or Yoshi
I like this guy - Shiny Mewtwo

User Info: _SJimW_

_SJimW_
2 months ago#4
Game and Watch could have easily been a good character and feels a little unexplored in certain ways to me (though I could be completely off base about that)
RIP in Pieces GamerJM, 2007-2015. You will be missed. #UnPermabanJim

User Info: MaskedSheik

MaskedSheik
2 months ago#5
Would love to discover a way for G&W to l-cancel and to have rolls/sidesteps that aren't complete ass
I like this guy - Shiny Mewtwo

User Info: ycz6

ycz6
2 months ago#6
I think G&W is pretty well understood already, unfortunately. His kit isn't all that complicated and his weaknesses are well-defined and probably insurmountable. Mewtwo and Ness seem like the most likely candidates to me - both have a bunch of weird moves, unusual movement options, and in Mewtwo's case, a few new players that have already started making waves.

As for which I'd like to see... I like Link's playstyle a lot and it'd be cool to see him viable. The problem to me, though, is that a discovery which suddenly made a low tier viable at a high level would have to be so game-warping that (a) I have no idea whether I would actually like it, and (b) would change the game to be very different from its current state, which I happen to think is quite good. It'd have to be something like a super easy invincible ledgestalling method or a true guaranteed shield break off a single touch, and I don't know if I want to live in that world. It's also more likely for such a discovery to be made for a top tier character, since they have more options in the first place, although maybe that's partially offset by there historically being less labbing of the lower tiers?

Then again, stuff like human-feasible shield drop methods have totally transformed top-level Melee and made it better overall, so... maybe top tier Pichu wouldn't be the death knell of Melee as we know it. People still like aMSa, after all. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BlackG0ld
2 months ago#7
ycz6 posted...
and in Mewtwo's case, a few new players that have already started making waves.

Wait what? Did I miss something?

Or is it Prof and Zoma that you're talking about?

User Info: KalimariX8

KalimariX8
2 months ago#8
boozer
member of the sam jackson alliance
Kalimari

User Info: ycz6

ycz6
2 months ago#9
BlackG0ld posted...
ycz6 posted...

ye

BlackG0ld
2 months ago#10
ycz6 posted...
BlackG0ld posted...
ycz6 posted...

ye

ah gotcha, gotta make sure I'm not out of the Mewtwo loop (even though I barely play anymore)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  3. Of the non high tier characters, which would you like a new discovery to be made

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived