• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors
  3. A tribute to SaikyoMog

User Info: KFHEWUI

KFHEWUI
4 weeks ago#1
After several years, today I have finally surpassed the 1,000,000 screenshot mark! When I first started uploading screenshots, I told SaikyoMog, I wanted to hit a 1,000,000, in half-joke and half-seriousness. However, back in 2015, he succumbed to cancer, and his death hit me hard but lit a fire in my determination to reach the mile marker.

Sadly, SaikyoMog did not get to see this, but I finally reached the mile marker. Here's to you good buddy! You may be gone but you are not forgotten!
R.I.P. SaikyoMog! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-seAIeu3Og
"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism" Ronald Reagan

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
4 weeks ago#2
Wow, that's amazing! I remember when Saikyo hit 50k and I thought that was a lot, but one million is truly insane! (I mean that in a nice way =p) Congrats!

I didn't know Saikyo well, but he did pop up in a topic on an old dead game board that my friends and I had claimed way back in the day, and we talked about the screenshots he had posted for said game, among other things. He definitely struck me as a cool guy and someone who enjoyed contributing to this site. I didn't know about his illness at the time so it was unexpected and sad to hear of his passing.

I don't know if @threetimes checks this board so I hope she doesn't mind the mention to bring this topic to her attention.
i looked at you

User Info: threetimes

threetimes
4 weeks ago#3
Thanks too the heads up Mookie. Congrats K! Saikyo was proud of being the top screenshot contributor, but you've surpassed him. Of course, being dead, meant he couldn't keep contributing, but it's good to know his legacy remains here. He was a keen contributor of screenhost and codes. He always hoped he'd got a good head start on any rivals. I used to view every screenshot he did. He captioned every one and they made me smile.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/926834-metal-saga/images/246

just an example. I met him when we were both playing Metal Saga: fond memories of that game and our discussions about it.

The bells haven't stopped ringing yet.

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
4 weeks ago#4
Wow, congratulation for your astonishing achievement! One million screenshots are pretty insane. During my submission streak last year I can only register around 14k screenshots, so I know how hard it is to reach hundred thousand mark, let alone one million. I can't believe someone manages to do it *shake my head*
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/5
First COTM won 08/10/2018

User Info: KFHEWUI

KFHEWUI
4 weeks ago#5
threetimes posted...
Congrats K! He captioned every one and they made me smile

Thanks! Unfortunately, the option to post captions was removed. I liked to post tips, trivia, and even bad puns like my Soldier of Fortune screenshots.

ZeoKnight posted...
Wow, congratulation for your astonishing achievement!

Thank you!

Mookiethebold posted...
Wow, that's amazing! I remember when Saikyo hit 50k and I thought that was a lot, but one million is truly insane! (I mean that in a nice way =p) Congrats!

I didn't know Saikyo well, but he did pop up in a topic on an old dead game board that my friends and I had claimed way back in the day, and we talked about the screenshots he had posted for said game, among other things. He definitely struck me as a cool guy and someone who enjoyed contributing to this site. I didn't know about his illness at the time so it was unexpected and sad to hear of his passing.

Thanks! We used to talk every day for the last few years until I got the PM from threetimes.
R.I.P. SaikyoMog! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-seAIeu3Og
"If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism" Ronald Reagan

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
3 weeks ago#6
Congrats!
It's always amazing to set yourself a goal and hit it.

Contributing screenshots requires dedication beyond that of most gamers; i myself only ever take shots that interest me which consequently are of no use to others.
Kudos for keeping at it!

I've just checked your profile; you didn't just "hit" 1,000,000; you went over 6000 images beyond it!
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k
3 weeks ago#7
Congratulations!

That is a nice tribute to a great guy.
Some are wise, some are otherwise, and I have my moments.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors
  3. A tribute to SaikyoMog
  • Post New Message