You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors
  3. Submitting Steam achievements that have no description

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
4 weeks ago#1
Are you supposed to leave them blank, as they are on Steam, or try to write a description for how to earn them yourself?
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#2
I've always taken the approach of basically leaving them blank to emulate Steam's description. You can't really leave a field truly blank though - I imagine that screws stuff up on the backend - so I usually just use some filler text, i.e. "(no official description)".
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k
3 weeks ago#3
Most of the achievements on Steam that I have seen that don't have a description are secret achievements. I use that to check other available sites by searching the achievement name and often find one that gives an 'official' definition. Sometimes the description turns out to be a repeat of the achievement name.

Does that help?
Some are wise, some are otherwise, and I have my moments.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
3 weeks ago#4
I actually downloaded and played this game (it was free) just to double check that, but they are truly blank even after earning the achievements.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors
  3. Submitting Steam achievements that have no description